User avatar

hekategirl

  • Writing Activities Re: Questions Only

    How are we supposed to find a bucket in all this yammer?!

    Mar 1, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Questions Only

    What's wrong with people confessing their love for my name?

    Mar 1, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: Earn Rice (and improve your vocab!)

    Just another great way to multi-task :D I haven't played yet but I have feeling I'm going to get so addicted.

    Mar 1, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Man Cuts off his Own Hand and then Microwaves it

    :shock: How lovely.

    Mar 1, 2008
  • General Articles Re: waiting

    Hello! I see you're a new member so I would like to say Welcome! but here at YWS you need to post a couple of reviews before a posting your ...

    Feb 29, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: My Butterfly

    This is a beautiful poem, sweet and delicate like the butterfly you were describing. I shall now commence to break it down and nit-pick! bwahahaha! A speck of color Sits ...

    Feb 29, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: Word Game

    Waterfall (no idea)

    Feb 29, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Questions Only

    Aren't you supposed to be getting something?

    Feb 29, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: Battlefield

    Hello! Seeing as you're a new member I would like to welcome you to the site!! I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself :D On to the critique: I like the idea ...

    Feb 29, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: What is it with me and poetry these days? *lol*

    AH-HA! a poem I haven't reviewed. At last! Anyway, I liked this poem. It was interesting but there is some points I'd like to bring up...DUN DUN DUN daaa... you ...

    Feb 29, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Bloody Pearls

    I enjoyed the imagery and the use of the word "pearls" to mean "teeth" but there wasn't much rhythm to it. Every line seemed to stand alone, it didn't flow ...

    Feb 29, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: All the Forgotten Things

    Authors Note: This is my first since poetry post since my return of a *cough* two year hiatus, so bear with me :D I love you so much it hurts ...

    Feb 28, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Over White Sands

    Hello! I would just like to say that you have my old avvie, it was a little weird seeing you use it =P But, anyway, on with the critque. I ...

    Feb 28, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: There's awards for this?

    XD That's hilarious. People love giving out pointless awards. My favorite title is "I Was Tortured by the Pygmy Love Queen". That sounds incredibly painful :shock:

    Feb 27, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: Word Game

    Mote

    Feb 27, 2008


The idea that a poem was a made thing stayed with me, and I decided then that I wanted to be an artist, not just a diarist. So I put myself through a kind of apprenticeship in writing poetry, and I understood even then that my practice as a poet was deeply related to my reading.
— Edward Hirsch