User avatar

frozencyberspace

  • Lyric Poetry Re: Standardized

    Surroundings Surreal I feel as if I am being enveloped into a dark abyss Perhaps it's just me, but the word "by" seems slightly more appropriate here. The contents of ...

    Apr 13, 2009
  • Poetry Discussion Re: "Emo" Poetry vs. Good Poetry

    AHahahah. I find this discussion endlessly amusing, having been exposed to large amounts of emo poetry, sadly enough. Emo poetry has weird, random line breaks, uses words like "darkness", "mirror", ...

    Apr 13, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: The Most Disturbing Book...

    I'd say The Shadow God by Aaron Rayburn. Perhaps you've heard of it - it's practically an urban legend. It is not disturbing because of its content - oh no. ...

    Apr 13, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Killing Tweety

    Haha. This is HILARIOUS. The whole piece has an amazing satirical feel because of the way you phrased everything rather similarly, as if from the child's perspective. I just love ...

    Apr 13, 2009
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Regretful Hearts or The Only One who was Never Beautiful

    It’s strange, the feeling of not waiting anymore. The average person spends 7 years of their life waiting, you know. Out of my 61, that seems slightly unsurprising. Back then ...

    Apr 13, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The Blinded Sonneteer

    Thanks, y'all, for your words and wisdom. =) Ms. Hart, I'll definitely check out that anthology - I LOVE sonnets. I was tempted to memorize all of Shakespeare's but I ...

    Apr 13, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: What She Has

    Make sure to punctuate consistently. If you're going to leave out the punctuation or something to give the entire poem a dejected air (you also left out capitalization, much to ...

    Apr 11, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Save Me From Myself

    I don't know. It seems slightly choppy at times - the beginning stanza is hesitant and broken for I don't know what reason, but that reason is not illuminated as ...

    Apr 11, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The Blinded Sonneteer

    A grey and blinding fog had settled round A blanket smoth'ring sight and sense alike. And my attempts to reason were unsound I could but stumble blindly in the night. ...

    Apr 11, 2009


Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't.
— Bill Nye