User avatar

flytodreams

  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by the legendary JK Rowling, and Little Women by Louisa M. Alcott.

    Aug 16, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Flashback Alert!

    How do I signal a flashback coming up? For example, should I type FLASHBACK followed by the actual flashback, or: Memories filled her head. She had been ten years old ...

    Aug 16, 2007
  • Randomosity Archive Re: Rate the Signature Above You.

    7/10, because I don't get the first line, but I loove the second one.

    Aug 16, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Icy Paths Chapter 1

    Yep, I love that game! Hence the inspiration for my character name, Rhen. :D

    Aug 14, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Fiction

    Harry Potter , because I've heard of Twilight and New Moon , but haven't read them. And I haven't even heard of the others.

    Aug 9, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Does everyone else hate their own writing?

    I don't like/love my writing, and I don't dislike/hate my writing. I think it's okay, and could be a lot better.

    Aug 9, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Chronicles of Narnia

    I knew Lewis was friends with Tolkien. I read somewhere they would meet in a pub or something?? LOL, figures. Friends. Writing Geniuses. Both two of my favorite authors. :D

    Aug 8, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: I Just Read ERAGON and ELDEST!

    Underneath all the ripping-off is an okay book. I'm not a big fan of Inheritance , but the first book was okay. The second book, not so much. Way too ...

    Aug 8, 2007
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Never Been Kissed (Revised)

    He was always doing this. Just because he was two years older than her did not mean that she couldn’t take care of herself. On the contrary, Cat was an ...

    Aug 8, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: prologue-beneath the shadows

    I'm terrible at reviewing, so, obviously, I couldn't see anything wrong with this. It was dark and really haunting. Good job! I'd like to see more.

    Aug 8, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Finding Atlantis (Prologue)

    he said softly and leaned over, kissing her on her red-rose lips long and hard. I think 'red-rose' should be 'rose-red'. But isn't that like an overused way to describe ...

    Aug 8, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Icy Paths Chapter 1

    Chapter 1 Razors of Death Rhen smiled at her best friend while folding a shirt. “I’m going to miss you Lila.” Lila hugged Rhen. “Just promise to write at least ...

    Aug 8, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Whispers of the Fallen - Chapter One, Part 2

    It was great! I'm sorry I can't find anything wrong with it...:( But it was nice, and I wonder what was up with the reflection that wasn't hers..:D

    Aug 7, 2007
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Hell Found Me

    I agree with the above critiques. Otherwise, the story was pretty good! :)

    Aug 4, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Guardians

    Yes, there is a little too much info-dumping in Sira's part. Like someone else said, show, don't tell. And try spacing out the paragraphs so it doesn't look like a ...

    Aug 2, 2007


The opposite of belonging is fitting in.
— Dr. Brené Brown