User avatar

flytodreams

  • Writing Tips Re: Coming up with names for places

    Same way I choose my character names; take an ordinary word or name, and play around with it. (Bear turned into Byeran, for example).

    Oct 2, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: Come and hopefully never go? Hi all.

    Hi, fieryglaciers! Welcome to Young Writers Society, I'm Flytodreams.

    Sep 30, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hey

    Hi, P.G! :smt006 I'm flytodreams. Welcome to YWS!!! It's a really awesome site, and you'll have a great time here! Hope to see you around..

    Sep 29, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: um...?

    Hi, josianne! Can I call you Josi? Welcome to YWS! Hope to see your work around.

    Sep 25, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Wolf Kindred :: The Rising

    Very good! The whole story, the wording...everything kept me totally interested. You did a great job on the first and the last paragraph. Keep writing! :D

    Sep 23, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Firebrand: Prologue (formerly"The Burning")

    Wow, so good! Everyone above pointed out exactly why it was, so I won't repeat. My favorite part was this: We turned a corner and the sea appeared in front ...

    Sep 23, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Chapter 1

    But their creations weren’t Full-stop after 'weren't'. I'd suggest breaking this up into paragraphs, it makes it easier to read. I also think the villain's reaction was a bit overdone. ...

    Sep 23, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Evanescence!

    I've heard a few songs by Evanescence, just a handful, and I'm impressed! Amy Lee has an amazing voice, and the lyrics are just so..I don't know what the word ...

    Sep 16, 2007
  • Randomosity Re: Hello, Little One.

    Okay, but he or she isn't that pretty yet, LOL.

    Sep 14, 2007
  • Randomosity Re: Hello, Little One.

    Hi, I just thought you'd all like to know that my cat, Twinkle....had a baby yesterday!!!! The first time she gave birth, she wasn't lucky, :cry: . But yesterday evening, ...

    Sep 14, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Prologue to currently untitled.

    I agree with kitty15, it was info-dumping, and much too short. But I like the sound of the creatures, especially the ice mermaids. I'd like to see more of them. ...

    Sep 14, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Describing your Characters

    hmm...i usually try to incorporate a description of my character in dialogue and stuff. i try not to describe a character right of the bat, but kind of make it ...

    Sep 13, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: New

    Hi, Someguy! Welcome to YWS, hope you have fun around! :) I love your avatar. :lol:

    Sep 9, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: prologue re-write

    Just a little description? So I can build up a picture of an older version of her? :)

    Sep 9, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Favorite TV Shows

    I don't watch many TV shows. Friends, One Tree Hill, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, 8 Simple Rules for Dating my Teenage Daughter. (that's the name, right?)

    Sep 9, 2007


The worst bullies you will ever encounter in your life are your own thoughts.
— Bryant McGill