User avatar

fire_of_dawn

  • Welcome Mat Re: Quiet in the flesh, loud in the brain

    Seriously, we should have a powwow. I'm not blond, I'm afriad (never saw the point of "blond" jokes) but I'm the "moody, poetic" kind.

    Feb 26, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: A joke

    What do you mean, based on FFXI? (Can't stand those crazy Roman numerals.

    Feb 26, 2009
  • Information Desk Archive Re: Timeline for the new YWS

    Ok. Will we need to re-register our accounts?

    Feb 26, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: hey :)

    It seems the others have been practicing. I should too. Am I scaring you? Sorry. 'Round here I'm known as Kite, Stori, or just plain Fire. I'm interested in building ...

    Feb 25, 2009
  • Art & Photography Re: Photos

    Those are amazing. The first one especially, it looks like a screen shot from "Final Fantasy" 14.

    Feb 25, 2009
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: A Hundred Suns: Sepia

    You'll be happy to know that I've gone back and retold Aiden's story in "Blind;" I'll have it posted in a second.

    Feb 23, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: The zero friend girl who sits in the corner.

    I like another Edward, though: Edward Elric. You've heard of him? He doesn't have a girlfriend, and he's not a vampire.

    Feb 23, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Do you name your things?

    Oh gosh, you all are a riot. I call my AlphaSmart laptop "Alf" (even though his model is Dana) and... the main computer, I just call "Tower." Cause it is ...

    Feb 23, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Long Patrol now recruiting!

    Go to to register. If you have questions about the rules, see the thread in Storybooks.

    Feb 23, 2009
  • Lyrics Re: Heartbeat

    Seriously, listen to the original "Just Communication."

    Feb 23, 2009
  • Lyrics Re: Heartbeat

    Here I am, So far away, Closing in on the root Of my delusions. How far away is home? Where have I strayed? Where do I stay now Except for ...

    Feb 22, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Tips are welcome

    I learned something from David Feintuch, a science-fiction writer. Sometimes you can get away with using the "tags" as a separate sentence. For example: Jack, low: "That's enough, Jill." It's ...

    Feb 22, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: A joke

    Three guys (who happen to be brothers) go to a job interview. The manager asks to see the oldest. "What do you do?" the employer asks. "I do yards, man." ...

    Feb 22, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: A Spinster-To-Be

    I'm loving this, you all.

    Feb 21, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Fading Star

    Well, thank you for that.

    Feb 21, 2009


The simple truth is that authors like making people squirm. If this weren't the case, all novels would be filled completely with cute bunnies having birthday parties.
— Brandon Sanderson, Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians