User avatar

fading-dream

  • Writers Corner Re: How do I make the reader care about my characters?

    It really comes down to if you care about your characters. If you are intrigued with them, your readers will be too, at least, if you've written the character correctly.

    Oct 16, 2011
  • Research Re: Concerning the Cliche of Time Travel

    My honest opinion, and that's all I can give, is don't go with the time travel aspect if you can avoid it. It brings up many questions and inconsistencies. Unless ...

    Aug 11, 2011
  • Writers Corner Re: Should I continue to write Rainbow?

    Well, if you really are sick of it, then add some quick resolution. Even if not everything is tied up, at least you will get the satisfaction of finishing. Plus, ...

    Jun 15, 2011
  • Writing Tips Re: What Is Your Favorite Writing Tip?

    ^ But Fitzgerald is my favorite :O Anyway, my favorite advice, and this is my own, is to not think of a novel as a novel. Think of it as ...

    Jun 15, 2011
  • Writing Tips Re: Short rules for aspiring writers from famous authors

    Some just don't make sense. I personally see nothing wrong with using words other than said for dialogue. These are just what they like. I do have the agree about ...

    Jun 11, 2011
  • Writing Tips Re: Can short stories have chapters?

    Why not? Isn't a novel just a bunch of short stories anyway? The difference is that in a novel, people already know some info from short to short.

    Jun 11, 2011
  • Writing Tips Re: The hardest part of a story to write.

    The beginning is usually the hardest? Wow... I'm really envious of those people. I find the part directly after the narrative hook to be difficult. That transition from the first ...

    Jun 11, 2011
  • Miscellaneous Re: Fighting Those Dastardly Plot Bunnies

    Great article. One thing that I have found helpful is to breed the bunnies. Take one great idea and mix it with another and take the traits of them and ...

    Mar 18, 2011
  • Writing Tutorials Re: Getting Beginnings Right

    I have to disagree with making dreams obvious immediately. Don't go out of your way to make it appear real, but don't go and spill the beans immediately either. It ...

    Mar 17, 2011
  • Writing Tips Re: Unfinished stories.

    Telle, I appreciate what you are doing for your friends, but that's their story and not yours. Don't write other peoples. Tell them to write their own if they want ...

    Mar 14, 2011
  • Writing Tips Re: Character Question

    Your story should fit the characters and not the other way around. That's the only advice I can give.

    Nov 27, 2010
  • Writing Tips Re: Adicted to re-writing

    I just had an idea that might work for editing (mainly talking to myself here). First, write the whole story, every paragraph think that it was the best thing you ...

    Jan 6, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: New idea

    This does sound like it would be very interesting. Hope you actually write it, though I do have one question. What if a baby were to accidentally get one of ...

    Jan 6, 2009


Go in fear of abstractions.
— Ezra Pound