-
Re: When writing, what is your most difficult challenge?
Definitely pacing. I'm constantly concerned about it. I think this stems from my internal debate as to whether or not to start a novel or short story. Generally, I find ...
Oct 7, 2010 -
Re: Need average writers, no matter what you write!!!
What genre do you write, and why? I write everything except non-fiction. I mainly write a hybrid of romance/fantasy/sci-fi. I write these because my ideas are not at all in ...
Apr 1, 2010 -
Re: Script Frenzy?
I've never done this either, and just learned of it. I have no idea what I'm doing, but should be a nice break from trying to describe actions with detail. ...
Apr 1, 2010 -
Re: Is Anyone Else Sad?
I'm sad that I missed it. I really didn't know about it until like February or something. It sucks, because it could have motivated me to stop obsessing about the ...
Apr 1, 2010 -
Re: The YWLJ 2010 Volume: On Sale Now!
Can anyone state which stories/poems have made it in. (Would have loved to be featured, but among so many talented people, that is a wish I won't have seen come ...
Apr 1, 2010 -
Re: Heaven Looks A Lot Like An Elevator Chapter 1
Allow me to be the first to comment. First of all, I really like your premise. A stressed out and over-worked woman enters a fantastical world in which she escapes ...
Apr 1, 2010 -
Re: BloodLust chapter 1 part 1
At first, I thought that this was going to be another Twilight clone, but as the story went on, I could see I was very wrong. Your idea is solid ...
Dec 22, 2009 -
Re: The Diary of Vine
I'm not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand, it is just an intro. On the other, there is nothing to make the reader want to come ...
Dec 22, 2009 -
Re: :: Snow ::
Very good poem. Living in the plains of Saskatchewan, I can definitely relate to this. For example, the leaves on the trees are still green, yet there is snow everywhere. ...
Oct 9, 2009 -
Re: End of Summer, End of Me
I thought this was pretty good. The first line is the perfect opener to a story like this. I agree that cutting out the line about getting pregnant would be ...
Oct 9, 2009 -
Re: deleted
It's a shame you aren't going to fix this up, because no reader should ever give up on their works. I really think you could create a nice story out ...
Oct 9, 2009 -
Re: A Lost Soul (working title) - Chapter 2
Okay, nitpicks first: "She gestured for me to stop and sighed heavily. “I told you specifically never to go anywhere near that place. Why did you not do as you ...
Oct 7, 2009 -
Re: A Lost Soul (working title) - Chapter 1
I thought it was a very good beginning. It's not boring, as many novels first chapters are. It makes you wonder what is happening and why. I'll definitely be reading ...
Oct 7, 2009 -
Re: A Must Read: Changes to Reviews
Very good idea. The only people that are complaining are those that wish people to read their stuff without reviewing anything. I am one of those people. My only problem ...
Oct 6, 2009 -
Re: Towers
I thought it was well written, though your characters, like everyone said, were very flat. There was no character development, though the narrator was the more interesting one. I was ...
Oct 5, 2009
