User avatar

fading-dream

  • Writing Tips Re: Unfinished stories.

    Telle, I appreciate what you are doing for your friends, but that's their story and not yours. Don't write other peoples. Tell them to write their own if they want ...

    Mar 14, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Beast

    Thanks for the comments. I agree with EVERYTHING. I actually had the thought to make Shannon cry and the tear would save them in a burst of blinding light. It ...

    Mar 13, 2011
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Burning Apart

    Thanks for the kind words Busheldood! I really appreciate your input. I agree, there are TONS of holes left in the story. I actually intentionally did this so that I ...

    Mar 13, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Paper Flowers

    Lilicia got most of what I wanted to say. I really liked this story. I love that the characters are flawed. I found the description of killing the boy a ...

    Mar 10, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Beast

    Beast Shannon slammed her mountain of books down on the table. Amy and Drew looked up with reddened eyes obviously deprived of sleep. The library was crowded that day, as ...

    Mar 10, 2011
  • Fiction Discussion Re: The Most Disturbing Book...

    LastPaladin, that book sounds really good! I want to read Monster! Anyway, I'm going to say Huckleberry Finn. I was terrified to have to pick up that awful thing again. ...

    Mar 10, 2011
  • Fiction Discussion Re: My brain is pouring out of my ears right now!!!

    You say that short stories don't settle well, but my logic is that a novel is a series of short stories. The ONLY difference is that you give more background ...

    Mar 10, 2011
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Burning Apart

    Prepare to be blown away by cheesiness! ----------------------------------------------- The building was nearly completely gone. Carlos stood at the edge of the property watching the flames dancing ab

    Mar 10, 2011
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Of Melody and Death

    Hi i'm BuzzBee I hope I can help! He leaves her there to rot alone Thus is the way he has always known I like this, it flows well and ...

    Nov 30, 2010
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: The Hermit, the Fairy, and the Coon

    This story was excellent, especially the title :) I have to say this felt rather like a fable. It's a rather simple story told in a wonderful way. It's something ...

    Nov 29, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Of Melody and Death

    Of Melody and Death The web of lies holds her there Eyes set course for a song to share She loves to watch the simple things Her death is vomit ...

    Nov 29, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Suicidal Moon

    You have captured what many authors fail at. The writing is not about capitalization and punctuation but about rhythm, feeling, flow. You have succeeded wonderfully. I love the metaphor and ...

    Nov 29, 2010
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Walking into Grammy's house uninvited...

    HAHAHAHA! That was hilarious! The whole thing was just hilarious in general. Just to be sure, it was the wolf coming in at the end, right? I love the excuses. ...

    Nov 27, 2010
  • Writing Tips Re: Character Question

    Your story should fit the characters and not the other way around. That's the only advice I can give.

    Nov 27, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: It's watching you undress

    I thought this was an okay piece of literature, but it needs editing. The idea of it was super creepy and I felt disgusted after at what people can do. ...

    Nov 26, 2010


If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
— Noam Chomsky