User avatar

empressoftheuniverse

  • Media Reviews Re: Ther Series of Unfortunate Events

    I loved these books. I really wasn't that fond of the story-- it upset me that so few people had even an inkling of common sense. But Lemony Snicket's storytelling ...

    Jan 1, 2010
  • Media Reviews Re: The Best Book Ever Read

    The Martian Chronicles- Ray Bradbury ***** (really, really good collection of short stories. Best short stories I've ever read.) Slaughterhouse Five- Kurt Vonnegut**** Picture of Dorian Gray- Oscar Wi

    Jan 1, 2010
  • Art & Photography Re: Concepts

    First I want to thank you for asking me to review your work; I've never reviewed photography before but I'll give it my best shot. Overall Wherever you took these ...

    Dec 31, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse

    I agree with the kitten claws above me. I've read far too many great and poor books to mistake Stephenie Meyer as anything but a mediocre writer in the romance ...

    Dec 31, 2009
  • NovMo Archives Re: Is Anyone Else Sad?

    I was in a huge funk after nanowrimo ended, which may have also been due too my leaving yws for a month to write the novel.... and during this december ...

    Dec 31, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: You know you're a writer when...

    You know you're a writer when going for extended amounts of time without writing gives you anxiety and depression, and sitting down to your computer to type out a story ...

    Dec 31, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: What would YOU do?

    Stop writing; maybe become a boxer. Or try for official title of empress of the universe. Because If I'm the greatest writer of all time, absolutely anything is within my ...

    Dec 31, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: What would your characters do?

    Not sure I understand the statement (fata- fairy of the arts?) But Lilith, being musically challenged, would sleep with the judges and, depending on the size and abilities of the ...

    Dec 31, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Hello, my name is...

    Hello, my name is Walter Scott Genson Mason Regaldi Dimattelli Patri'c Beatificus the III. I wash windows.

    Dec 31, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Name the Character Above You

    Claude. No last name. A hairy dwarf who turns into a red werepanther every night of every other month.

    Dec 31, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Make Up The Worst Possible Opening Line Ever

    I don't know if I could possibly beat the opening line above me. One time, there was this really, really fat guy, who..... ...... ..... I forget.

    Dec 31, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Speedwrite the word above you #2

    grassy plains

    Dec 31, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: How do you write?

    I write with character sheets. pages and pages of questionares, drawings of my characters, whatever it takes to get a true feel for them. If I dont end up knowing ...

    Dec 30, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Physical Descriptions

    Physical description is something that I get reprimanded for doing poorly. Either I've done too much, or I've done too little, or I've used too many big words or too ...

    Dec 30, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Sex- To post, or not to post

    I think sex is absoloutely necessary in some cases, for some stories. Especially for character development; sometimes you dont know a person until you're in that situation. As a person ...

    Dec 30, 2009


For a short space of time I remained at the window watching the pallid lightnings that played above Mont Blanc and listening to the rushing of the Arve, which pursued its noise way beneath. The same lulling sounds acted as a lullaby to my too keen sensations; when I placed my head upon my pillow, sleep crept over me; I felt it as it came and blessed the giver of oblivion.
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein