User avatar

empressoftheuniverse

  • Writing Tips Re: Halp! D:

    This kind of relates to Mary sue/ Gary Stu characters; since boring usually equals generic and generic can some times equate to perfect... kind of. You get the idea. Don't ...

    Oct 11, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Date Everything!

    I'm not quite understanding why you should date your work; it sounds nice and neat but I don't see why it would be worth loss of hair and brain cells. ...

    Oct 11, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Making Bad guys part 2

    This was really wonderful; but you talked about a character like the joker "who just wanted to watch the world burn." I don't think that can be labeled under the ...

    Oct 11, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Doing Research

    I was wondering when research came into play in non science-fiction historical-fiction or fantasy genres? If I'm writing and Indie Romance (not sure if that's real or contrived) should I ...

    Oct 11, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Planning A Novel

    This is how I've planned my first nano so far: Got inspiration for the climax/pivotal scene Thought about cause and effect; loosely plotted the ending. Thought of a couple cool ...

    Oct 11, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: A study of writing, or more accurately, writers.

    Reason for writing: Selfishness and mind control. You ever read a book where you felt so swayed by the characters' philosophies you actually woke up the next morning and changed, ...

    Oct 11, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: A study of writing, or more accurately, writers.

    Reason for writing: Selfishness and mind control. You ever read a book where you felt so swayed by the characters' philosophies you actually woke up the next morning and changed, ...

    Oct 11, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Rate The Charactar Above You

    rate how, like on a scale of one to ten? I don't believe in numbers so I give your character five fluffy kittens. Oh, rotten rhubarb. Now I have to ...

    Oct 11, 2009
  • WRFF Archive Re: Anyone Need A Review??

    It's not on the website yet, but... I was wondering if I could get a raincheck I have a (very not scary and probably pg rated) horror story that I ...

    Oct 11, 2009
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Why not the Gentleman?

    I know they always say that critiques that just gush aren't helpful, but wow. That was good. The only thing I would say is to put paragraph one after paragraph ...

    Oct 11, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Idea Dilemma!

    Mkay, I'll go look at it. I love the idea of P.O.C. fanfiction. Your nanowrimo user name sounds clever; does it have a special meaning? ps I befriended you. aps ...

    Oct 11, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Short Project

    I kind of disagree with both the people above me; I think you're getting at a parallel universe, right? Which we usually just except without too much question. Parallel universe=free ...

    Oct 11, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Publishing - Is Length An issue?

    the golden number for a beginning author is 90,000, I've heard. The other numbers are like the wider circles on a dart board; 90,000 is the bulls-eye. For specifics, here's ...

    Oct 11, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Self Publishing Group?

    I am so for self-publishing. I bought the book Person Effects because J.C. Hutchins was known well in the podcasting world (which is considered a form of self-publishing) and Mur ...

    Oct 11, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: My First NaNo

    I haven't done nano but I did fail scriptfrenzy, which makes me slightly worthy of posting... not really. But I'm giving you my advice anyways. Don't believe in your cushion. ...

    Oct 11, 2009


I want to shake off the dust of this one-horse town. I want to explore the world. I want to watch TV in a different time zone. I want to visit strange, exotic malls...I want to live, Marge! Won't you let me live?
— Homer Simpson