User avatar

empressoftheuniverse

  • Fiction Discussion Re: Tragedies

    Tragedies, through, can't punch you in the face. What happens to the characters, along with being tragic, must be poignant and above all, fitting to the story. I mean, I ...

    Dec 30, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Sick of the modern romance?

    I just had this problem and (somewhat) conquered it when I did nanowrimo. I was doing the two guys, one girl, one of them is good for her and the ...

    Dec 30, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Detailed Descriptions

    I loved the Picture of Dorian Gray, though I do agree that Dorian's huge collections of... everything were really long and droll. A book that does this extremely well is ...

    Dec 30, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Who is your all-time favourite fantasy hero/villan?

    Fantasy Hero:Snape. I don't consider him a villian at all. Fantasy Villian: The nameless dog from THe Watchers, Dean Koontz. He was rutheless, cunning and beautiful and I'm a sucker ...

    Dec 30, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Short Stories

    Okay, so I am a huge fan of short stories, though I dont write them all that often, and I've read quite a bit on how to write them. Short ...

    Dec 30, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What makes a great book?

    I good book is a book that twists your perceptions on life, a book that shakes you to the core, a book that moves you to tears several times, a ...

    Dec 30, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Inspiration vs. Rip-Offs

    I think if someone can look at your story and tell you what happens next, or what will be revealed about a character because the plot or characters have been ...

    Dec 30, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Bad YA Fiction?

    Oh god, I've read a thousand of those books, I keep hoping to find one that had some semblance of substance in it. It's like everyone is trying to recreate ...

    Dec 30, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Fantasy Writers, Stand Up!

    i think I'm a fantasy writer. For I while I was afraid of it, for a while I was ashamed, and now I feel unworthy. I 've only read two ...

    Dec 30, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: Uh, This must be my heaven (I'm new)

    This is better than going to school and being with people who don't understand why you like reading and writing so much. I don't hate school, believe me, but it's ...

    Dec 30, 2009
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: The Secret About Love

    True to my strange nature, I'm going to disagree with everyone above me who mentioned the quote “I love you.” I understood what it meant, and it made me smile ...

    Dec 30, 2009
  • Novel Workshop Re: Familiar Faeces rough draft

    Yo your yo, You're right, of course. I dont think America could ever stray from the two-party structure or have a parliament. And as for my perception of your book, ...

    Dec 30, 2009
  • WRFF Archive Re: Royal Reviews: critiques from the empress

    I finished these pieces.... and I'm ashamed at their lateness. I finally get customers and what do I do? Review over two months after the comment. Ughh, the amount of ...

    Dec 30, 2009
  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: Masters, Padawans, and Mysteries- a Clone Wars tale

    Ahh, this is so overdue. And due to my incredible slowness/ complete ignorance for the star wars and clone wars movies ( I watched them but... i dont know, I'm ...

    Dec 30, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Acomia- Land of Dragon Trainers- part 2

    I'm actually reading this first; and to get a full picture of what everyone's reaction was I read this story and all the comments. Without pointing out specific names I'm ...

    Dec 30, 2009


If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.
— Woodrow Wilson