User avatar

dommy65

  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: something i just started...

    Hey, alright first of all, this is really really long. I agree with VicternoO, you should definitely submit things of this length in increments. I only got through about six ...

    Aug 5, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: An Ode to My Fabulous Mother

    Curlyqpride, Wow. thanks for that comment. I'm just choked up right now that it actually affected you like that, I didn't know it could do that. Thanks doesn't even cover ...

    Aug 3, 2008
  • General Fiction Novels Re: All Babies Are Blessings (3)

    Jay : Thanks so much you have no idea what that means to me! Fangala : You're right.. it is a wicked weird coincidence and also thanks for reminding me ...

    Aug 3, 2008
  • General Fiction Novels Re: All Babies Are Blessings (3)

    I finally figured out a title for this so next time I post it will be as All Babies Are Blessings… At Least That’s What They Tell Me I'll probably ...

    Aug 3, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: idea

    Hey! Alright so I like this better than the previous chapter. The only thing I thought was confusing was how you had said that Sam was gay in the first ...

    Aug 1, 2008
  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: The Princess and the Mouse

    Hey Well i'm not going to repeat all the little mistakes I found because Avens Dolor already pointed them out. I thought the story was told well, it had a ...

    Aug 1, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: purple sneakers

    Hey, unsterblichkeit36, This was good. I only caught a few mistakes: “Oh yes please. Amelia might try to convince you that she doesn’t need “swimmies” in the pool, but she ...

    Jul 31, 2008
  • General Fiction Novels Re: My Own Worst Enemy Chapter 5

    Ashleylee, Thanks a lot for the reviews to both chapter 4 and 5, and don't worry about the whole time thing, it's totally fine. I agree with you on Ethan ...

    Jul 31, 2008
  • Romantic Novels Re: Poisoned Roses--Chapter 10

    Aw man you did it again! This chapter was great! I love the interactions between Isaac and Sophia, and I am really glad that you made Isaac embarrassed, it's a ...

    Jul 31, 2008
  • General Fiction Novels Re: All Babies Are Blessings (2.5)

    Thanks Jay. I didn't even notice the Carl Kyle thing so I probably will change that, you're right, they are too similar. :D I'm really glad you enjoyed it. Thanks ...

    Jul 30, 2008
  • General Fiction Novels Re: All Babies Are Blessings (2.5)

    So, this is the second half of the dream... still thinking of a title, I've narrowed it down to like five choices so I'll try to figure it out by ...

    Jul 29, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: My story

    Wow. This was amazing. I loved how you incorporated poetry into the piece, it fit very well. Let's just get the little things over with now, shall we? The beating ...

    Jul 29, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Edward's Journal

    Hey! Welcome to YWS! Okay so after you make sure your ratio is all set I strongly suggest that you post more of this. I thought it was really good, ...

    Jul 29, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Vampires before midnight.

    Okay so you've definitely have talent for this sort of thing. It was really good, a little confusing at parts but still really good. I just got really ridiculously confused ...

    Jul 28, 2008
  • Fanfiction Novels Re: Sunset 4

    Hey, SASSYLADY333, So I've been reading these chapters and decided to add my critique to this chapter because it's the most recent. In all four of these I've only seen ...

    Jul 27, 2008


Way, way back in the 1988 Presidential election, then Vice President George H W Bush had a phrase he liked to use: "A Thousand Points of Light." It refers to the idea that a community is made up of people who contribute in a thousand, different small ways, but with each helping to illuminate their community. It's a phrase I think about a lot when it comes to YWS. Looking forward, the site will continue to change and grow, but it will always remain a community dedicated to promoting creative writing as a favorite pastime.
— Nate