User avatar

creativelyyours

  • Writing Activities Re: Strong First Sentence

    Rule: Write a strong first sentence for a novel idea. Catch: It has to be 20 words or less. (I borrowed the idea from Writer's Digest 8) Here's mine: Pranks ...

    Jan 28, 2012
  • Writing Activities Re: Story in Six Words

    I guess it wasn't meant to be after all.

    Jan 27, 2012
  • Writing Activities Re: Crayons-Exercise your metaphor proweness

    Violet Hope The violet crayon stands tall and sharp in its corner, for hardly anyone to see. Too stuck to dig out, so it goes overlooked, But it sees its ...

    Jan 26, 2012
  • Archive Re: What would happen if?

    Kate (from my story Change of Plans) Realistically speaking, I don't have a true love, and at the rate things are going right now, I doubt I'll have one in ...

    Jan 24, 2012
  • Lyrics Re: Chandelier

    Thanks!:) Yes, I wrote it in the style of Vanessa Hudgens. I like writing music inspired by other artists. It helps me grow artistically while learning different genres.

    Jan 24, 2012
  • Lyrics Re: Chandelier

    This is dedicated to all of the beautiful love lost. Hopefully, we'll learn from our mistakes and fully open our hearts to love. Here's a link to a clip of ...

    Jan 22, 2012
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Baying For Freedom

    I love your imagery in this poem. It sets the reader right into that sad and gruesome world. I could see the dog's pleading eyes as I read. I don't ...

    Dec 14, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Don't Say Yes

    Thank you all for the comments. I admit that it was a bit rushed because I was doing it in the spur of the moment as a prompt, but I ...

    Dec 14, 2011
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Just Friends

    This was a piece I wrote a while ago from the POV of a character in one of my novels. I'm thinking about uploading a sample of that novel to ...

    Dec 14, 2011
  • Fanfiction Novels Re: A Gift To Remember

    Chapter One-Worst Present Giver Ever He's here! I rushed to my bedroom window at the sound of an engine roaring to a stop in the driveway. I rubbed away the ...

    Dec 13, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Don't Say Yes

    My oversized pumps flopped against my feet as I raced down the park, their heels clopping against the cobblestone. I could still here the violinist’s rendition Pachelbel’s “Canon”. There was ...

    Dec 12, 2011
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: Change of Plans

    I slap a small box of t-shirts onto the counter then unfold the flaps so that I can get started on my daily replenishing procedures. I suck back the long ...

    Dec 12, 2011
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Last Kiss

    This felt very real to me, as if written in a diary or letter. I think there could be more of a story here, though. It feels like you're holding ...

    Oct 25, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Til Death

    "Til Death" by creativelyyours "What Sarah Said" by Death Cab for Cutie "Til Death" by creativelyyours I sat in the waiting room, squeezing my thumbs until they turned red, but ...

    Oct 25, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Till we meet again

    This is a very moving piece. This verse is my favorite: The angles are now your friends, and you are one of them, The only grammatical error I've found was ...

    Aug 18, 2011


I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart; I am, I am, I am.
— Sylvia Plath