User avatar

candyhearts

candyhearts

  • Writers Corner Re: theology of staying

    I reinvent to nasturtiums that lilt like newness. I'm new. I reinvent into this new thing, eyes the color of nectar, hair the color of licorice. In the vase there's ...

    Sep 17
  • Writers Corner Re: theology of staying

    In the Near East, God came to you like clouds, like toes on holy ground, like messengers that touch your nephesh (נֶ֫פֶשׁ) -- I lift to touch His hands, to ...

    Sep 10
  • Writers Corner Re: theology of staying

    Duration has no value; how long do sacrifices last? God’s first death is in the Babylonian exile, second death on the cross, tissue pulled from nail. The harrowing of Hell, ...

    Aug 30
  • Writers Corner Re: many who sleep in the dust of the earth [LMS VII]

    WEEK 1: line count: 23 i. convent tightening, ten years removed from then. i’m glutinous, glue-y. ii. He’s crouched next to the river, lit cigarette to his teeth. I’m crouched ...

    Jun 15
  • Writers Corner Re: theology of staying

    God’s mother tongue is Aramaic. His father’s tongue, though, is Hebrew. The difference only matters with one consonant: the ו. In Aramaic, it’s pronounced waw ; in Hebrew, vav . ...

    May 28
  • Will Review For Food Re: I want to review your poetry!!

    @herb ~ Finished!! I hope your review was helpful!!

    May 26
  • Will Review For Food Re: I want to review your poetry!!

    @cocteau ~ Done!! Best of luck submitting!!

    May 21
  • Will Review For Food Re: I want to review your poetry!!

    @romanticchemist ~ Finished!! Hope your review was helpful!! :P

    May 21
  • Will Review For Food Re: I want to review your poetry!!

    Welcome to my WRFF thread!! What I'll Review ~ Poetry ~ Lyrics ~ Scripts ~ Art ~ Maaaybe an essay? ~ All genres What I Will NOT Review ~ Anything ...

    May 21
  • Writers Corner Re: many who sleep in the dust of the earth [LMS VII]

    PRELUDE I: Leftover lambs, it has been weeks on weeks, three times in the long year, the longer night. God likes ceremony, revelry, love. God likes you to give Him ...

    May 18
  • Writers Corner Re: many who sleep in the dust of the earth [LMS VII]

    many who sleep in the dust of the earth In the garden, he stands with the creatures he lifted from the hole of his thrumming heart. He lords over his ...

    May 17
  • Writers Corner Re: theology of staying

    i. men from nazareth aren’t owed mourners, so they set aside oil and myrrh in the final nights. spice and sweat and sand under nails now. the rabbi felt heavier ...

    Jun 15, 2025
  • Writers Corner Re: theology of staying

    he is the referent of a haiku -- now, he is miles from the valleys of nebo. now, he is a voicemail asking me to pick up bone broth. now, ...

    Mar 5, 2025
  • Writers Corner Re: theology of staying

    something somatic, yet internal, affects the hebrew narrative — shiftings organs, scrolls in throats, hardened ventricles and the spasm of redactive hands. the unconscious of the bible is passive, r

    Jan 6, 2025
  • Writers Corner Re: theology of staying

    I know that there is an afterlife because you are there, waiting for me, table in the back. I am happy to see you again. You will unveil something familiar ...

    Nov 20, 2024


I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
— Bilbo Baggins