User avatar

brassnbridle

  • Fantasy Novels Re: Myths of the Elven Lands - Book 1 - Chapter 2

    Your story does a lot of just stating things as they are, which is all right in small amounts but can get rather annoying after a while. Most of the ...

    Mar 24, 2010
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: To My Former Master

    Looking at it again, I'd probably add a comma after ranger in that sentence, too, because that's where you'd naturally pause reading it aloud. Sorry I didn't notice that in ...

    Mar 23, 2010
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: To My Former Master

    Ok, I have no comment on the whole anarchy subject, only a few grammar errors I saw that could make your story/letter whatever flow smoother, mostly dealing with commas and ...

    Mar 23, 2010
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Myths of the Elven Lands - Book 1 - Chapter 1

    I wouldn't know about lord of the rings, but I did notice a lot of your names started with 'a', which got a bit confusing at first- I would suggest ...

    Mar 23, 2010
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: The Swordmaster's Path

    note: If you've been reading the fantasy section for a while, it's possible you have read part of this, in which case I'm sorry- this was once part of a ...

    Mar 23, 2010
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: deleted

    It's too bad you don't plan on continuing, because I would read more readily. I like the style and the tone- both were well done, in my opinion. There were ...

    Mar 22, 2010
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Mistress of the Bow: CH 1- The Fortune-Teller EDITED VERSION

    Not bad for a start, but as mentioned above, there is little emotion. The MC talks about her sister's death very matter-of-factly. I would suggest adding more about MC's feelings ...

    Mar 17, 2010
  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: (Undecided title) Star Wars Fanfiction. #2

    I'm a star wars fan, though not so much of the whole Jedi slaughter in ep.3, but I saw it and found it interesting. Though short, it was suspenseful, and ...

    Mar 16, 2010
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: First Flight

    Short, but not a bad start to a story. Still curious exactly what your main characters are, or even what their names are, but I assume you plan on revealing ...

    Mar 15, 2010
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Balema, A world of many elements - Chapter 1 - The Story

    Definitely interesting. I was a bit confused by the beginning, trying to figure out who was which, but it worked out. Explaining different tribes was interesting, but once you dived ...

    Mar 15, 2010
  • Fanfiction Novels Re: Trent Aether and the Secrets of Mount Olympus (Chapter 1)

    I like it! I like how you write in the same style as the Percy Jackson books, which can be describing an epic life-or-death fight and still have you laughing. ...

    Mar 6, 2010
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Prolouge of The Dragon Wars

    This is interesting, I liked the dialogue, which is often not easy to write. But there's no setting or anything to give the reader a picture in his/her mind of ...

    Feb 28, 2010
  • Novel Workshop Re: Advanced Critiques Questions

    All right; thanks :D

    Feb 23, 2010
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Dragon's Lair [Chapter 1]

    Interesting story, flows nicely. Just a word about run-on sentences, though, because there are a few. An English teacher once told me your sentences should average around 18 words; too ...

    Feb 23, 2010
  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: (Undecided title) Star Wars Fanfiction.

    Catching, but lacks descriptions, both of characters and places. You write well, i'd spend a little time maybe writing about the senery on the planets and in the ships, and ...

    Feb 21, 2010


There are those who say that life is like a book, with chapters for each event in your life and a limited number of pages on which you can spend your time. But I prefer to think that a book is like a life, particularly a good one, which is well to worth staying up all night to finish.
— Lemony Snicket