User avatar

brassnbridle

  • Writers Corner Re: Medieval Names

    I've actually had pretty good luck just going to google and typing in something along the line of 'medieval names'

    Apr 30, 2011
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: The Beggar and the Star

    Your story flows beautifully- you really nailed the fairy-tale feel. Though the post was kind of long, I enjoyed the entire thing and it was paced well. I thought I ...

    Apr 28, 2011
  • Information Desk Archive Re: How to Create a Novel

    So let me get this straight- to post it as a novel first we have to post each chapter in its forum? That stinks, as my novel's eighteen chapters long...

    Apr 28, 2011
  • WRFF Archive Re: Will Switch Stories For Food

    I have recently finished and edited my novel and now I need outside opinions as i head down the road towards publishing. It's 152 pages long, 75,862 words. If you ...

    Apr 27, 2011
  • Research Re: Burning pitch

    ok thanks- as I have no intention of trying it out, I just wanted to make sure it was safe to assume pitch would be very flammable if it came ...

    Feb 10, 2011
  • Research Re: Goblin Fest

    Hilari bell's Goblin Woods and Goblin Gates have an interesting take on goblins, about a girl who ends up living with and fighting beside them. Other than that, goblins always ...

    Feb 10, 2011
  • Research Re: Burning pitch

    I've tried google with only moderate success in finding what i was looking for, but i'll keep looking. Just thought I'd check here. (srsly just get some matches, a lighter, ...

    Feb 7, 2011
  • Research Re: Burning pitch

    To ask a seemingly random question, does anyone know about trying to burn pitch? Is it actually flamable, or does it have to be on something, like wood, to burn ...

    Feb 5, 2011
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Here There Be Dragons - 1

    First I want to say STOP DOUBTING YOURSELF! This is entertaining and easy to read- if I found this book in the library, I would keep reading. And even when ...

    Feb 5, 2011
  • Fanfiction Novels Re: It Wasn't Supposed to End This Way (Chapter One)

    I liked this! it was well-written and the idea was interesting and caught my attention right away. The pace was nice and steady and I liked the tone. Her getting ...

    Feb 1, 2011
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: A Painted Ponies Story

    First, before anything else, I would recommend shortening this post a bit to make it easier to review. Also, please, please, please make each new person speaking a new paragraph, ...

    Dec 2, 2010
  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: Legends Of Sherwood

    This does have a poetic feel, especially the beginning. More story and details would definately be welcome, it's interesting to read. A family is among outlaws is impossible except in ...

    Dec 1, 2010
  • Questions and Answers Re: Ranger's Apprentice club/group

    Maybe I'm just missing something obvious, but I know way back when there was a Ranger's Apprentice group. Since everything changed to clubs, I haven't been able to find it, ...

    Nov 7, 2010
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Other Girl in the Tower: Ch. 1

    I really enjoyed this. I liked the tongue-in-cheek style, and your writing flowed really well. "Disgraceful!" they said, blissfully unconscious of the eggs tumbling out of their freely swinging basket

    Oct 29, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Six Months Ago [flash fiction]

    I agree that it's very well written, a great piece of descriptive writing. There's not much going on, so if this style kept up for much longer, I'm afraid you ...

    Oct 19, 2010


Stop being mean to your self-insert character, you're just being mean to yourself.
— WeepingWisteria