User avatar

blackpencil

  • Dramatic Poetry Re: The Robin's Egg

    This was a poem I thought up when I saw a smashed robin's egg on my way home from school. Please mangle it, I have no idea how to do ...

    Dec 4, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Heavenly tranquil

    Hi I'm blackpencil, how are you doing? First of all, starting your poem with "Yet I feel" isn't quite right. The word "yet" implies that you are continuing a sentence ...

    Nov 11, 2009
  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: A Harry Potter Parody

    That was good! I'm not the type to pick and pry,I'd rather let YOU find out for yorself. So here's the jist of things: You messed up on some grammar. ...

    Oct 21, 2009
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: Memoirs of a Monster: A Fictional Tale of Nazi Germany

    Wow! Thanks for all the reviews! I'll be sure to post the first chapter up soon.

    Oct 18, 2009
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: H2SYL Chap. 2, Part 2, [R-foul language]

    Hi it's me again and I need to give you a review! Waking up from a warm, comfortable sleep is rather like a feather slowly drifting down from the top ...

    Oct 17, 2009
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: Memoirs of a Monster: A Fictional Tale of Nazi Germany

    I was extremely moved by "The Diary of Anne Frank", so I decided to write this book. This is not a hate literature, no matter what my views of the ...

    Oct 17, 2009
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: How To Save Your Life (H2SYL) Prologue Re-written

    Kay, got your message and I'm here to drop a comment. Nothing personal, but I like the other one better. It was shorter, like a prologue is supposed to be. ...

    Oct 4, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Bergamo - Part 2

    Hello, I'm blackpencil and I'll review this piece today. I liked the story, to start, especially the names. They're very creative, and sound like mysterious aliases or codenames. I like ...

    Oct 4, 2009
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: The Looking Glass Curse

    I don't feel like being majorly over-harsh today, so you're in luck... Just kidding, it was a good piece! Just a few things... The looking glass mirror hanging over the ...

    Oct 2, 2009
  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: A Redwall FanFic

    In reply to one of your replies, sorry about your grandpa. My regards. In reply to your story, good job! I hope you didn't write this piece to dwell forever ...

    Oct 2, 2009
  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: Star Wars: The Chatroom: Episode II

    Meh, not as funny as the first one, but still pretty good. You missed some important deatils that would have been funny to add. Like when Mace beheads Jango. Yeah, ...

    Oct 2, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Magius Trilogy I - The Black Emerald - Chapter III

    Chapter III: New Students In front of them was a large, sweeping lawn. The students themselves were standing in a stone circle carved with the same runes from the portal ...

    Oct 2, 2009
  • Art & Photography Re: Lake District summer

    Wow. Good photo. You mixed up the colours, I see. It gives the picture a nice contrast. But it doesn't strike me as extraordinary. You need something more visually striking ...

    Oct 2, 2009
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Miracles

    ...Wow. That was really good. I love how you got the idea for the story (Yes, I read the intro). When I first started reading I thought, "Am I seeing ...

    Oct 2, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Lemongrass

    I like the imagery. Very good, a subtle hint of sadness mixed with the good memories. A lot of people have already mentioned the grass, so I won't. Oh wait, ...

    Oct 2, 2009


The idea that a poem was a made thing stayed with me, and I decided then that I wanted to be an artist, not just a diarist. So I put myself through a kind of apprenticeship in writing poetry, and I understood even then that my practice as a poet was deeply related to my reading.
— Edward Hirsch