-
Re: En Route to Portland: Departing 1:45 AM
"gold crosses next to skin mags" The contrast of the image sin this line is amazing. "as for other news J.Lo's baby has three heads London bomb kills ten" My ...
Jun 19, 2010 -
Re: Stars.
Thanks for your review. What parts of it seem cliche to you, nayex?
Jun 19, 2010 -
Re: Jack
Thank you, bluewaterlily. When I have a little more time, I'll go over it and try to change it to a uniform tense. It's a problem I have with my ...
Jun 19, 2010 -
Re: Peer
As for the un-capitalized words, the strange placement was formatted a little differently in the original Word document. they were italicized and placed at different ares of the page, one ...
Jun 19, 2010 -
Re: Dear Love:
I like the kind of Shakespearean sarcasm tone you conveyed with this poem. The only problem I have with it is that the last couple lines seems kind of forced.
Jun 19, 2010 -
Re: Kaboom and there’s your decision.
Is this even a poem? It just seems like a weird daydreaming narrative you would think to yourself in your head. Like...you know how little kids kind of narrate their ...
Jun 19, 2010 -
Re: For all teens
I feel like working in such a structured rhyming scheme kind of messed up the feeling of this poem. It seems more like a nursery rhyme, a cautionary tale that ...
Jun 19, 2010 -
Re: Under My Skin (edited)
"Innocent smiles that seemed to Brighten up his side Seems like a weird line break, perhaps "Innocent smiles that seemed/ To brighten up his side?" "Cheeks like fresh roses, And ...
Jun 19, 2010 -
Re: The Christians' Lie
I love the feeling of this poem and the idea behind it, but there are a few parts where the rhythm seems forced. Other than that, it was good. I ...
Jun 19, 2010 -
Re: Tonight
This is the best poem by far I have read so far on this entire site. I have absolutely no corrections to suggest.
Jun 19, 2010 -
Re: Peer
Lynn stumbled into her dorm and heaved a high-pitched giggle. There were little balls bouncing everywhere, but every time she reached out to grab one, they popped like bubbles. She ...
Jun 19, 2010 -
Re: Jack
People don’t like attending funerals for the same reason many people don’t like caviar. It’s an acquired taste. Fear is an acquired taste. In actuality, it’s something one feels more ...
Jun 19, 2010 -
Re: Tree Be
I absolutely love this poem. I love it so much.
Jun 19, 2010 -
Re: Jars of Stars
OK, I really, REALLY like this, with some minor adjustments it would be incredible. I love the imagery and the personalization of the language and images in it.
Jun 19, 2010 -
Re: A Summer Storm
I like the unconventional structure, but I think you relied on it a bit too much. Like you meant to spotlight the structure but lost imagination in the actual description ...
Jun 19, 2010
