User avatar

aspiringauthor17

  • Lyric Poetry Re: Wrote this when one of my best friends' dad died in the war

    Thanks for the encouraging comments, guys. I really appreciate it! :) ~Lindsay "Dreams are inevitable, especially when you're in the middle of them" ~(By me)

    Aug 12, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Wrote this when one of my best friends' dad died in the war

    We pass and leave you lying, No need For rhetoric, For funeral music, For melancholy bugle calls. No need for tears now, No need for regret. We took our risk ...

    Aug 11, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: 1 wish

    This poem is great! Simple yet emotional at the same time! I really like it! Keep on writing, you have a talent! Especially for poetry! ~Lindsay "When we have lost ...

    Aug 11, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: The Ultraviolet Catastrophe -- Summer Poetry 2010

    Dude, one word! CAPITALIZATION! You truly have some great stuff in there, but the punctuation errors in there are getting in the way! Keep on writing, you have a talent! ...

    Aug 11, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: A peom of lines

    Ok, the poem itself was essentially good on the whole, but you've got some major punctuation issues. Ever heard of commas? Also, you spelled lying wrong, and I just don't ...

    Aug 11, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: I'm here with you

    Very touching. I can feel the emotion, which shows you are a true writer! Keep moving forward! ~Lindsay "We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of ...

    Aug 11, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Blank Memories?

    Why are some verbs capitalized? You repeat some words in endings. Are you trying to hard for things to rhyme? For different word choices, check out a thesaurus for synonyms. ...

    Aug 11, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Awake

    This is a great poem! Very original, and has a great stanza. Other than the fact that you should look into capitalization, I see nothing wrong with this poem, only ...

    Aug 11, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Crazy

    At the beginning of a line, remember to capitalize the first letter. Grammar is always important, even in poetry. As "ladypurple" and other reviewers said, the rhyming does seem forced- ...

    Aug 11, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Attendant of God

    My angel calls- Announces her being, Imposes her will, Levels me down My angel Gently floats down. Pale skin, White glow, Both feared and loved- She speaks her mind Diplomatic, ...

    Aug 9, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Prose Poetry- The Tree

    Thanks for all the reviews, they really helped. I'm kind of a novice, so it's clear I have a lot to work on. Thanks everyone! ~Lindsay

    Aug 9, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Prose Poetry- The Tree

    A gnarled oak tree stood at the peak of a hill. The tree was over a hundred years old, yet it seemed as fresh and new as the pale daylight ...

    Aug 9, 2010
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Shipwreck Isle ch. 1

    In the second paragraph after "lawn", I think you should put a hyphen instead of a comma. When you say, "There was a man and a woman, both grey headed," ...

    Aug 9, 2010
  • General Fiction Novels Re: A Thing About Cats

    The dialogue between Phoebe and Liam is kind of inconsistent, a lot times I can't tell which character is speaking. This is kind of long for a short story, isn't ...

    Aug 8, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Love Poem

    By reading that one and only line, I could not tell if the audience was supposed to see this as an incorrect math problem, or a cold and lonely one-liner. ...

    Aug 8, 2010


The magic is only in what books say, how they stitched the patches of the universe together into one garment for us.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451