User avatar

antimelrose

  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Aliens pt. 1 (And The LORD Spake Unto Abraham)

    Point taken, and I'm sorry that I didn't get the gist of it. What probably messed up my perception of it was the correlations between repeated religious imagery in the ...

    Feb 14, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Aliens pt. 1 (And The LORD Spake Unto Abraham)

    The author of this post feels that it failed to add to the discussion and was removed.

    Feb 14, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Rentre à la Maison: Come Home

    Everyone mentioned all the little stuff that needed tweaking, so I don't really have anything to add to the list in that respect. "Come Home" came across as well crafted; ...

    Feb 11, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Breaking

    Hello! Personally, I didn't find this poem overly remarkable, but two stanzas really stood out to me: the second and the fifth. The fifth, in particular, really impressed me. The ...

    Feb 8, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Sanguine Fatigue

    Hello! Just curious about the title–were you referencing the four temperaments? There are some decent descriptions throughout. A few trite moments, too (I mean, seriously. This is human being to ...

    Feb 8, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Gray

    This was really nice. Very nice images of turbulent emotions and weather. Every word felt well placed. I like the philosophical elements and the overall sparse quality. Truly, this was ...

    Feb 8, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Snow

    Hello! I really liked this. "Snow" was clear and concise... the tone was quiet but very well written. No unnecessary words. Definitely a "like it" from me. "Solitary" is an ...

    Feb 8, 2010
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Is it wrong to burn something in effigy?

    I've been wondering if burning something in effigy is wrong. From time to time in history we humans have ruined a variety of symbolical objects for a variety or reasons. ...

    Feb 7, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Gone

    Hello, confused! This poem had some okay moments, but there are a few glaring grammar and spelling errors that need fixing. The meter was a bit messy as well, but ...

    Jan 31, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Winter is a Live Mind

    I really liked this. All of your descriptions were fantastic, though a few times I was left with the sense that you only included them because they were pretty. I ...

    Jan 29, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Bury the Body

    Hello! I'm going to begin by saying that it is quite a nice poem, but things stumble with the punctuation and meter. For example, the latter third line of the ...

    Jan 29, 2010
  • Welcome Mat Re: hello everyone

    Hello! I haven't been on the site that long, either. Good for you to introduce yourself, since I was such a newbie (and so meek!) that I never even bothered. ...

    Jan 28, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Journey to Light

    Hello! I think this was a decent poem. There were a couple places where you tried to cram too many words to rhyme (especially the third stanza), but in general ...

    Jan 27, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Babysitter

    Well, the narrator seemed a little too young for the brilliant anti–babysitter strategies, but overall I thought this was well written. The dialogues didn't feel wooden, and two out of ...

    Jan 24, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Tremors (For Haiti) - Edit

    Yes, this was quality writing. Beautiful, even in the sadness. I agree with Explosive Pen; that one line is a standout. I don't mind your use of unusual vocabulary, since ...

    Jan 23, 2010


If you have a dream, you have a duty to make it come true.
— Marco Pierre White