User avatar

antimelrose

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Propaganda

    Well, I know that propaganda has had a major impact on how people/citizens view war, for instance. When news is censored to bring about a certain response out of the ...

    Apr 8, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Those Not Left Behind (Bygone Days)

    Hello, DRdante! I like how most of the meter felt unforced, and often musical (after reading it I was wondering why this wasn't in the Lyrics section!). True, the rhyme ...

    Apr 5, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: 13 reasons why...

    I'm sorry that you're getting so many mixed messages, and unfortunately my comment will only add to the diversity. This poem had a similar "list" structure to another poem, "Thirteen ...

    Apr 4, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: deleted

    Well, the critique on the rhyme scheme has already been mentioned by the above, so I won't really go into what you've already been told. I thought the subject matter ...

    Apr 1, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: The Mindful Eye

    Well, I'd say it isn't bad. I think WritingWords covered a lot of the tweaks I'd suggest, and the main one I want to add is the second to last ...

    Mar 31, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: in a sweet, melodious tone

    Ciao! I liked the simple, but sweet language you wrote this in. I have very few objections, namely the title: it comes across as ironic. Shrill is high–pitch and often ...

    Mar 29, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: As the dust settles.

    Well... first off, you misspelled "their" in the second line. And your meter is a bit odd in places; try to keep your sentences even. Yes, this means having to ...

    Mar 27, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Torture

    Well, it's decent. I'd say that it really only started to weaken towards the end. When you mention the "horrified" crowd, it doesn't feel effective because you had to tell ...

    Mar 27, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Urban De Sauveterre: Dance With the City, Eat Your Own Flesh

    Wow. This was fascinating to read, enigmatic and provocative to the imagination. I think you have a great start, but I think you should tweak a few places. Comments: 1) ...

    Mar 26, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Just call me Sigurd.

    I gave it a "like it" because your imagery was excellent: it really came across as vivid, not mental gymnastics to imagine, but still beautifully creative and surprising at the ...

    Mar 24, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Darkness I

    Well... there were some awkward moments. It was interesting, certainly, but I don't think it needed to be so heavily peppered with cliches as it did. That first line? Dancing ...

    Mar 20, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Sixteen Winters

    Greetings, salutations, a voice shouting hello: This was interesting. "Sixteen Winters" had a dry (in the positive way, not saturated with glib words), eloquent aura that really felt refreshing to ...

    Mar 20, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: hart (pts 1 & 2)

    Both poems have fantastic descriptions, reminiscent of Faulkner with his imagery that is so vivid in the mind. I do, however, agree with Pantalid's comment about how you give us ...

    Mar 14, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: They Paved the Way

    Hello! I'd like to begin by saying that in terms of quality, this was decent. I didn't see any missing elements (for example, descriptions without an idea), and it wasn't ...

    Mar 13, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: suicidal ideation

    This was very good. What I liked the most was even though "suicidal ideation" was saturated with descriptions, they are not the static sort, not at all still life. These ...

    Mar 8, 2010


sometimes you just have to cry over spilled milk, and that is okay
— Youbeaucupid