User avatar

antimelrose

  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Poem about Poetry

    When I saw the title I thought immediately of Marianne Moore's two poems on the very same thing. However, hers discusses the actual writing, while yours concerns the reading of ...

    May 4, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Haiku for her.

    I had to look up Sakura, but once I found out it added a nice dimension to the haiku. I know both "sakura" and "tsunami" are connected because they are ...

    May 4, 2010
  • Welcome Mat Re: hey i am new here

    Hey Dante! Did you name yourself after the epic poet? I think it's a great name. –antimelrose

    May 3, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Chevrolet

    I really liked this, and I have little to nitpick. You had an excellent theme and, for the most part, wrote a decent poem to frame it. "Like your arm ...

    May 2, 2010
  • Other Re: God: Just a theory of the biggest question intro

    I think it's possible to question a belief, yet still come away fully accepting it. Often the things most worth believing in have to be rigorously debated first. I am ...

    May 1, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Wish I had a name for this!

    I'm afraid that you haven't give us, the audience, a lot to work with. And if the author doesn't even understand what he or she wrote, how can the readers? ...

    May 1, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Cliff Diving

    Well, it has a lot of potential, but your descriptions are so smothered by cliches that they hurt the poem. "Mist danced" (and mist moves rather slowly, so I don't ...

    May 1, 2010
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: Navita's NaPo Poems

    Erm... okay, I sincerely hope you don't hate me for this, but I liked the original version better. Especially since I am unfamiliar with music vocabulary, it was harder to ...

    Apr 30, 2010
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: Navita's NaPo Poems

    I don't have a lot of time right now, so I shall be brief, but "field, highway, and horizon" is brimming with fantastic potential. In my opinion, which at times ...

    Apr 29, 2010
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: Navita's NaPo Poems

    Ciao! I'm finally here! (And this is for "a most inconvenient bedfellow". Nice title). I'm sorry if I misinterpret something, as I often tend to end up befuddled by the ...

    Apr 29, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: I'll Always Love You, but why ?

    Um... I'm afraid I'm going to be a bit harsh. The first thing I noticed was how loaded this was with cliches. It felt so shallow, so unrealistic.... and I ...

    Apr 28, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Raining Eyes

    I think you should scrap this, mainly because it is simply saturated with cliches. Not to mention that it came across as shallow; nothing stirred my emotions when I read ...

    Apr 28, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Of Gold, Gleam, Metal; or, a poem containing a play

    Thank you Navita and Evi! I see (*cringes*) that there are several gray areas to be rehabilitated. Confusion was not my intent! :D I'll give it a rest, probably a ...

    Apr 24, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Of Gold, Gleam, Metal; or, a poem containing a play

    Navita: Whew. That was some review! But I'm so glad that someone took the time to actually read it. I understand that I had some rather ambiguous language in there, ...

    Apr 24, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Adobe

    Hello Venturepants! I would say that the poem initially starts off a little weak, but strengthens considerably by the end. I think that there were a few cliches in there–describing ...

    Apr 22, 2010


Do. Or do not. There is no try.
— Yoda