User avatar

antimelrose

  • Narrative Poetry Re: Frost Tangible

    edited

    Jan 14, 2010
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Was Jesus really all that amazing?

    All right, the people who claim that Jesus never said he was God either purposely chose to misread the New Testament or clearly never read it at all. I'm sorry ...

    Jan 12, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: ode to an alienated lover

    Your use of language in this comes across as very well written, and the poem was engaging to read. Best of all, it didn't have a quality of being trite, ...

    Jan 12, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: The Lions

    Thank you everyone for your reviews! I'll try to revise it some more... and next time I post something I'll try not to make the format so jolting. Peanut19: I ...

    Jan 12, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: War Stories

    Well, it has some good moments, but overall the way you constructed the sentences (in order to fulfill the rhyme) sometimes makes for a jolting effect. It would be good ...

    Jan 12, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: what can you see

    There was a sparse quality to it that I liked. Yes, the final stanza kind of tilted the whole thing on a slightly unflattering angle...but the lines I really enjoyed ...

    Jan 12, 2010
  • Welcome Mat Re: Welcome New Members! [2]

    I'm new. I'm also rather bewildered about all the rules (I know, newbie, right!) and I've just posted a few meek reviews of some poetry. I've already glanced at a ...

    Jan 11, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: the banjoplayer (for Holly)

    Every time I see your name next to a work, I find myself afraid to click– what did the genius write this time? And I have never been disappointed. This ...

    Jan 11, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: The Lions

    edited

    Jan 11, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Death Clock

    Hello! Here's another review to add to your collection. "Death Clock" provided an interesting, if morbid read. The way you wrote it left some mystery to the reader: How could ...

    Jan 11, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Laugh at the World

    Hello! Thanks for sharing this with us. First off, the only grammatical misstep I see so far is the one in the second stanza where you seemed to have forgotten ...

    Jan 11, 2010


For a short space of time I remained at the window watching the pallid lightnings that played above Mont Blanc and listening to the rushing of the Arve, which pursued its noise way beneath. The same lulling sounds acted as a lullaby to my too keen sensations; when I placed my head upon my pillow, sleep crept over me; I felt it as it came and blessed the giver of oblivion.
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein