User avatar

antimelrose

  • Other Re: Oceanic Orchestra

    Hello! Welcome to YWS! I'd like to begin by saying you have a knack for descriptions. As I read it felt very tangible, as if I truly was there. That ...

    Jan 22, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: You aren't Pretty

    Hello! I agree with the others that the meter and the choice of words is quite nice. There are one or two places that feel slightly wooden, but a little ...

    Jan 21, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: My artifice

    This was an interesting piece of work, and my qualms about it are few. The first is just plain subjective: I don't think that "Friend" in the first stanza needs ...

    Jan 21, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Little

    Hello! This poem, overall, was decent. The first two stanzas were the weakest (in my opinion), but the latter two were much stronger. I liked the message as well as ...

    Jan 19, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Bedouin Song

    This was very good. I loved all the descriptions, and you did particularly well with the lines regarding the sounds of Bedouin life. Everything was so easy and fresh to ...

    Jan 18, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Still life (fraying with blades)

    Thanks for your reviews! Sorry about the confusion. Yeah, I was having trouble deciding where to put the poem, since it describes (my) feelings and tells a story at the ...

    Jan 18, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: House of Mirrors

    Well, it's unconventional for a poem. There's a handful of rough spots, but overall I like it. The setting is interesting, and you convey the sense of urgency quite nicely. ...

    Jan 18, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Thief of Roses

    All right, I'm not a huge fan of romantic poetry, so I'll be honest: this didn't particularly wow me. It had some okay moments, but the whole head–over–heels/infatuation beyond belief ...

    Jan 18, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Still life (fraying with blades)

    edited

    Jan 18, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: hispaniola

    There is a lonely quality to "hispaniola", and your interpretation of current events haunting; frangible, even. The second stanza leaves unsettling images in the mind; for me, the words "bleeding" ...

    Jan 17, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Don't cry, love.

    Hello! Yes, as Nate said, your choice of punctuation/font is a little messy, and it does detract a bit from an otherwise interesting poem. There are places where a comma ...

    Jan 17, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: broken color

    Hello Juniper! You do quite beautifully with vocabulary and descriptions. However, when it came to stitching them together for the poem, some things held together; other parts unraveled. I love ...

    Jan 14, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Is the short story dead?

    For one thing, most people don't read short stories unless it's required reading in a textbook, or maybe someone subscribes to a writing magazine. Short stories are much harder to ...

    Jan 14, 2010
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Attempt to suicide-why is it illegal?

    Suicide is illegal because it is murder–self murder, that is. I'm interested in hearing someone argue that only killing other people counts as murder. I also find it curious/absurd that ...

    Jan 14, 2010
  • Welcome Mat Re: New here

    Hello! I just joined myself a few days ago. Dickens, Vonnegut, and Tolkien are all fantastic, with that I concur. And nature! I can't say I'm fond of hiking like ...

    Jan 14, 2010


Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
— Charles Mingus