User avatar

ankhirke

  • Writing Tips Re: A new kind of magician

    Magic systems in good fantasy tend to be well thought out. But the most important thing about magic in any setting is consistency. If you set down a magical law ...

    Oct 7, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: need feedback

    What is the purpose of making the girl from our world? Why should she be transported through the mirror? How does her abuse play into the theme or the ending? ...

    Oct 7, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Advice on Plot

    Thing I always think about with plot is starting from the end. You have the end - he finds the outlaws, but they reject him. Now, what has to happen ...

    Oct 6, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: My Publisher Dropped Me Today...

    That really sucks. And it may be illegal; start looking at your options. Do you have an agent? Or they pick you up directly? And next time you speak to ...

    Oct 1, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Still Looking

    Okay, I've got several projects going on right now, but I want to get my main one finished. It's soooo close, and I just need to get some opinions from ...

    Sep 18, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: What font/font size do you use?

    courier, 12 - that usually gets it in the ball park of 250 words per page. And Agents don't mind it: that or times I think is standard. Though verdana ...

    Sep 18, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Stuck on making realistic Charecters

    There are tons of characterization exercises out there on the web. Aside from character profiles detailing everything from what your character wears to what they eat for breakfast, some useful ...

    Sep 18, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Selling Yourself

    I don't know if this should go under the advice forum or not, but I figured it had a little to do with my publishing efforts, if not necessarily my ...

    Sep 17, 2008


The things you are passionate about are not random, they are your calling.
— Fabienne Fredrickson