User avatar

ankhirke

  • Writing Tips Re: Great Inspiration Resource

    Yes. Just. Yes. I love that site, and it _is_ addicting, and it will make you realize everything about your plots that you didn't want to know. It'll also ruin ...

    Jan 11, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Good Plot Outline?

    i'll agree with what others have said: this sounds very intriguing, though, at this point, the focus/theme seems rather split. my main problem is with the disappearing epidemic. As others ...

    Jan 11, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Room description

    I agree with the point about relevance. I think that if you ask yourself why you're describing the room, it'll be a lot easier to write a description that doesn't ...

    Dec 12, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Question on Immortality and Myths about it.

    Epic of Gilgamesh? It's all about Gil trying to find immortality. And as far as not reusing anything - I find it a lot easier to borrow and twist. Nothing ...

    Dec 11, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Help Writing fight scenes please!!!

    It's the same as writing any other scene - you don't just list what happens, you try to make the reader feel what happens. It's showing rather than telling. More ...

    Dec 1, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How soon should magic be introduced?

    Just to echo the above - it's best to be introduced whenever it feels like it's best to be introduced. In my current fantasy project, I don't mention magic at ...

    Nov 29, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Help

    Baby name dictionary or, my personal favorite: . Awesome site. Lists meanings, famous bearers, has stats, and is completely searchable. As for SpecFic names, I tend to like coming up ...

    Nov 19, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Getting a story finished

    honestly, this is the reason I have about a couple dozen projects all going on at the same time. you're not going to be able to keep interest in one ...

    Nov 19, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: New Story Line!

    I agree with the above posters. The storyline as you have it sounds fascinating, but the technicalities of hiding a blind person's disability seem too complex to even attempt. I ...

    Nov 7, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Lengthening Writing

    description and conflict. Let the reader know enough description, backstory, and exposition to understand what's happening. Then take as long as you need to in order to develop and resolve ...

    Nov 1, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Second Person

    There's at least one novel written in 2nd person: Bright Lights, Big City. I don't personally like reading 2nd person - it tends to alienate me from the story rather ...

    Oct 29, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Help with Tenses

    actually, "was walking" is past tense. It's imperfect past tense, but still, the thing they're talking about HAPPENED. It's not in the process of HAPPENING right this second. The two ...

    Oct 18, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Choose a hero

    of course, any of these could be original depending on what you did with them. But you'd have to decide exactly what they are in your world. For example - ...

    Oct 8, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: A new kind of magician

    Bickazer, tactile/kinesthetic magic is a wonderful idea, though, of course, as with most things, it has been used before. Avatar the Last Airbender immediately comes to mind (complete with Dragon ...

    Oct 8, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: A new kind of magician

    Thunderdude, a comment. And forgive me if I'm being too forward, but I'm a world builder at heart so questions about magic systems come to me naturally. When they cast ...

    Oct 7, 2008


But there was no goat man, there was NEVER any goat man!
— OSP Red