User avatar

ankhirke

  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: NightBlind

    Wow. I usually despise vampire literature, but this was so good! An extremely strong beginning: you know exactly how to bring a reader into the story. I was just wondering ...

    Sep 25, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: My Frozen Blood

    Ooh, I like. Your atmosphere is absolutely wonderful, and you definitely give a sense of the mystery that is to come. However, I can't really say a lot about this ...

    Sep 24, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: A Most Dismal Prospect

    Esme, have points! Thank you so much for the line by line, the awkward phrasings are exactly what i need to know about. Maris was indeed married to Lewis, though ...

    Sep 22, 2008
  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNo Planning 2008

    It's the first year that I'm planning on participating in NaNo, and I am so excited! I've got my story set up, and the first third of it planned out, ...

    Sep 21, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Worldcaster - Battlefire

    I don't think the problem with the beginning is in the prose itself. Both versions are very well written. However, it's a bit lofty to start off with philosophical musings ...

    Sep 21, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Looking Glass Ch. 2

    Very good follow up! Your prose is still wonderful - though it could still use a little polish in places - and the pacing as you've edited it is much ...

    Sep 21, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: A Most Dismal Prospect

    Thanks aszecsei! (er... how do you pronunciate that?) I've gotten several comments on the lack of description in the first chapter. In the first draft, there was a big chunk ...

    Sep 21, 2008
  • WRFF Archive Re: Anytime, Anywhere, In every world.

    Hate to do this, but would you mind reading my first chapter, ? I really do need all the opinions I can get of it (which at this point, isn't ...

    Sep 21, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Inkheart, Inkspell, and, soon to be released, Inkdeath

    OMG YES. I just started reading Inkheart and OMG YEEEEESSSSSS. Can you tell I like it? Course I'm partial to books about book lovers. Thirteenth Tale also became one of ...

    Sep 21, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: A Most Dismal Prospect

    Trying to get my first five (in this case, seven or so) spic and span polished. Thank you in advance for all constructive crits and comments! Chapter One A Most ...

    Sep 18, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Going Back

    I guess my main question is do you really need this prologue? Why? Sure, it's easier on you, but it's a heck of a lot harder on the reader. Being ...

    Sep 18, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Still Looking

    Okay, I've got several projects going on right now, but I want to get my main one finished. It's soooo close, and I just need to get some opinions from ...

    Sep 18, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Looking Glass Ch.1

    It's a good beginning, though it could use a little more mystery/suspense. You can't rely on a prologue to give readers information vital to the story: many people don't even ...

    Sep 18, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: What font/font size do you use?

    courier, 12 - that usually gets it in the ball park of 250 words per page. And Agents don't mind it: that or times I think is standard. Though verdana ...

    Sep 18, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Stuck on making realistic Charecters

    There are tons of characterization exercises out there on the web. Aside from character profiles detailing everything from what your character wears to what they eat for breakfast, some useful ...

    Sep 18, 2008


Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.
— Noam Chomsky