User avatar

ankhirke

  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: THE freaks WAR

    Hey, winie. Just to let you know, we usually like you to post two reviews to other people's works before posting your own stuff. It's great that you're posting your ...

    Oct 18, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Marked

    okay, I couldn't quite get through all of this, and for one simple reason: The dialogue tags. Oh my god, the tags. You need to cut down on them, MAJORLY. ...

    Oct 12, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Choose a hero

    of course, any of these could be original depending on what you did with them. But you'd have to decide exactly what they are in your world. For example - ...

    Oct 8, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: A new kind of magician

    Bickazer, tactile/kinesthetic magic is a wonderful idea, though, of course, as with most things, it has been used before. Avatar the Last Airbender immediately comes to mind (complete with Dragon ...

    Oct 8, 2008
  • Other Re: My query letter

    Couple things. Seventeen-year-old Marcella Beauregard is obnoxious, antisocial and sarcastic – and she likes it that way. Because while her teachers and classmates are busy hating her, they can’t

    Oct 8, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: A new kind of magician

    Thunderdude, a comment. And forgive me if I'm being too forward, but I'm a world builder at heart so questions about magic systems come to me naturally. When they cast ...

    Oct 7, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: A new kind of magician

    Magic systems in good fantasy tend to be well thought out. But the most important thing about magic in any setting is consistency. If you set down a magical law ...

    Oct 7, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: need feedback

    What is the purpose of making the girl from our world? Why should she be transported through the mirror? How does her abuse play into the theme or the ending? ...

    Oct 7, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Advice on Plot

    Thing I always think about with plot is starting from the end. You have the end - he finds the outlaws, but they reject him. Now, what has to happen ...

    Oct 6, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Down the Drain - Chapter 7

    Mmkay, I'm going to make some major critiques here, because you asked for it. I just want to know that I'm not preaching to a wall, so if you want ...

    Oct 6, 2008
  • Romantic Novels Re: The Jane Effect Part 8

    Wonderful as always, Angel. Some small things, which I think Ashleylee took care of beautifully. The major concern, for me, is that it seems like everything is happening so fast. ...

    Oct 2, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Down the Drain - Chapter 5

    I've been reading, and I've just got one or two comments on plot and character development. For the most part, your characters don't have motivations. Sure, Molly wants to NOT ...

    Oct 2, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Cliche Fantasy

    Oh, Paolini. So young, so naive. Honestly, i hate it when people bring up Paolini's age. There are writers on here younger and better than he. Bottom line is: he ...

    Oct 2, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: My Publisher Dropped Me Today...

    That really sucks. And it may be illegal; start looking at your options. Do you have an agent? Or they pick you up directly? And next time you speak to ...

    Oct 1, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Down the Drain - Chapter 3

    Heyo! Been reading what you have up so far, and it's certainly not bad. Needs a fair bit of improvement, especially with description and character. Plot's great, though it doesn't ...

    Sep 25, 2008


I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.
— Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest