User avatar

ankhirke

  • Novel Workshop Re: Racing Wind

    Okay, I’ve gotten nearly halfway through - almost to chapter ten, and I was wanting to bring up some of the recurrent issues that I’m seeing, because it’s going to ...

    Jun 1, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Are diary entries and letters good ideas?

    Forgive me for the obvious answer, but I'm going to say it anyways: It depends. It's much like asking if third or first or second person is a good idea. ...

    Jun 1, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Need advice, worldbuilding

    I wouldn't get too caught up in EVERY detail of your world. But you probably should find equivalents for everyday things that will be used often. It doesn't even have ...

    Jun 1, 2009
  • Novel Workshop Re: Racing Wind

    Hey, I've downloaded the file, and I'm looking forward to critiquing it, but I was wondering if you could give a summary or blurb about what it's about? I just ...

    May 31, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Needed: Names

    You can search by ethnicity, first letter, gender, meaning, and related names. Is fun!

    May 31, 2009
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Little Macey

    This was really cool. Short, chopped sentences captured the mentality and youth of the MC very well, as well as managing to make this super creepy. For the first half, ...

    May 31, 2009
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: A short book I wrote. I hope you like it.

    Hmmm.... I agree with fortuna. You need to cut this up and look over it, 'cause there were quite a few spelling/grammar mistakes. And part of that is the voice ...

    May 31, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Askarina Bergatrollet part 1 of 2

    There's not much to critique about this piece - it was very good! You've got a very traditional voice and style that evokes fairy tales, though I think it could ...

    May 31, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: I need... advice.

    Oh solipsism. Read about it: It's kind of a demented form of self-centered exisentialist idealist monism. A certain anime immediately comes to mind: the Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruka. Definitely an ...

    Mar 4, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Gaea - Chapter 1

    A well-written piece, but I am fascinated by the fact that you think this is sparse description. Your first paragraph is pure description (and I tend to dislike Setting starters, ...

    Feb 23, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: No title...yet (prologue)

    Interesting premise, very nice structure with the three princess types. The descriptions of the three are all very well written, and you've got some nice allusions in there. The last ...

    Feb 23, 2009
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Shadow Of The Sun (1)

    ah, so there is going to be more of this? I read this thinking that it was a stand-alone piece - which, it almost worked, it really almost did. I ...

    Feb 20, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Can anyone suggest a good John Irving novel?

    Either Owen Meany or Garp. Garp's great if you want to get into a writer's head, but personally, I think Owen Meany is his masterpiece. Book made me cry. Seriously. ...

    Feb 18, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Villlain

    if they're meant to mirror the nine good characters, it might help to look at the good guys as well. That way you can set up each villain as a ...

    Feb 18, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Prologue

    I think Thunder and Haruno have gotten most of the nit picks, so I won't go over those again; i'll just give my first impressions. It wasn't badly written - ...

    Jan 18, 2009


The day, which was one of the first of spring, cheered even me by the loveliness of its sunshine and the balminess of the air. I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, revive within me. Half surprised by the novelty of these sensations, I allowed myself to be borne away by them, and forgetting my solitude and deformity, dared to be happy.
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein