User avatar

amygabb

  • Lyric Poetry Re: For Those Who Fall In Love Easy

    I love this poem! All my suggestions were already said above so all I can do is gush now. I think the message in this poem is SO true and ...

    Oct 9, 2011
  • Romantic Novels Re: Pinch Me Chpt. One

    Hey! Welcome to YWS! Overall I'm loving the characters. The dialog is natural. That's how my sister and I talk to each other. Here are some suggestions, things to think ...

    Oct 9, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Insomnia

    Insomnia I’ve been sitting here all night trying my best to write a poem counting out the syllables wringing out their meaning I’ve been sitting here all night marveling at ...

    Oct 9, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: Writers

    Aw! I think everyone on this website can relate to this. I think your imagery is fantastic! *bows down to you* Here are some thoughts: So we stand crucified on ...

    Oct 9, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Bittersweet

    Bittersweet He recognized her distinctive accent, Irish, that had really never gone away even though her family had left Ireland when she was just a child. It had been twelve ...

    Oct 9, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: Adam and Eve

    Hey! Welcome to YWS! I enjoyed this poem. I appreciate that it wasn't preachy, so thanks for that. Here are some suggestions: It all began with light, Love surrounded the ...

    Oct 9, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Let's Pretend

    Let’s Pretend Let’s pretend That you had the backbone To say that to my face That I had the courage To not walk away Not be the ‘bigger’ person For ...

    Oct 9, 2011
  • Lyrics Re: Stop Holding The Gates

    I agree with isabellarivas43: SOOOOO pretty. Here are some nitpicky things: [Verse 1] Stubbornly, holding to the gates of my own cage. I fear being inside, but also what's out. ...

    Oct 9, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: My Secret Love

    Welcome to YWS! I like the idea of this poem, I can completely relate to it. I have some suggestions: - I thought the rhythms took away from the meaning ...

    Oct 9, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: White Carpet

    White Carpet I vault over the fence and crouch in a flower bed, concealed in the shadow of the house - no, mansion. I bet anything this place could sleep ...

    Oct 8, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: Finite

    I really love this poem! What a fantastic idea... My favorite part is the last half - I think it is deeper and more thought-provoking. How strange would it be ...

    Oct 8, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: My Little Sister

    Wow! What an amazing poem. I also have a younger sister so this resonant with me. A couple of my favorite lines: I started fearing ever wandering, Critiquing glance of ...

    Oct 8, 2011
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Name Finding Tips

    I look up the top ten most popular names in the year my character would have been born --- yes, I know it involves some math. I find that the ...

    Oct 8, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Eyewitness

    Eyewitness If that bar of soap could talk it would tell you how: the son daydreaming creates a cloud of suds so his rubber ducky disappears momentarily in the spumy ...

    Oct 8, 2011
  • Lyrics Re: Just Another Day

    Hi! I really liked this and would love to hear it with the music one day. A couple lines stood out to me: The lines I loved: You turned around ...

    Oct 8, 2011


We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
— T.S. Eliot