Random avatar

ahhhsmusch

  • Lounge, The Re: Relationships

    Having been in that type of passionate relationship that is plagued by constant fighting, I would go with the second one. The way you described it, it sounds like a ...

    Jan 23, 2012
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Stay.

    I found this story really funny. The contrast between the innocent questions about chocolate and heaven and then the sudden truck is so great, it's ridiculous. If you weren't going ...

    Jan 22, 2012
  • Fiction Discussion Re: The Cliches of the Pirate Myth

    I have been thinking about writing a pirate novel, but I am afraid of falling into one of the many cliches of the "pirate" world without being conscious of it. ...

    Jan 21, 2012
  • Fiction Discussion Re: The Most Disturbing Book...

    I'm going to say Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy. The images in Blood Meridian are so incredibly haunting and horrific that I actually had a nightmare. Bushes adorned with dead ...

    Jan 15, 2012
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Snowfall

    Thanks sargsauce, For your questions about where the old man lives, the wife and husband took the old man to a hospital in Utah for treatment, and now are on ...

    Jan 6, 2012
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Top five Favorite Short Stories

    Hello all, What are your favorite short stories!?!? To be exact, your top five favorite stories? I'm always looking for another good short story to read, so please google them ...

    Jan 6, 2012
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Snowfall

    [Removed for editing]

    Jan 6, 2012
  • Writing Activities Re: Story in Six Words

    Broken bathtub, brown hair. Divorce lawyer.

    Jan 1, 2012
  • Lyrics Re: While Eyes Are Watching

    Wow, now this is a really twisted, disgusting song. Jesus. But, at least you had the guts to post this. I wouldn't do it, so I respect you for that ...

    Dec 8, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: My Son is Gay

    I agree with Lumi, this piece lacks originality. By the first few lines, I could already tell where this story was going. You did not shed any new light on ...

    Dec 5, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Mom?

    “Mom? Are you there?” “I miss you, why won’t you come home? The house isn’t the same without you. Dad’s different too, he doesn’t really talk much and he doesn’t ...

    Nov 28, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Old Man

    Great narration by the old man. You did a great job on keeping his voice consistent and as a result, characterizing him further by how he perceives. I found the ...

    Nov 28, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Road Taken

    The Road Taken The hitchhiker was barely a mile outside of Moorcroft, Wyoming when the man in the silver 93’ Honda pulled up. As it stopped on the side of ...

    Nov 25, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Inferno Prologue

    I like the flow of this piece. You don't waste time on long elaborate descriptions and your similes are short and sweet. However, although the reading was smooth, I never ...

    Nov 22, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Rise Of Epoh, The Wielder Of Hope

    Alright, as I go through this I am just going to write down my thoughts. "Epoh had become lazy" Why has he become lazy? "You've been gone a few months", ...

    Nov 21, 2011


Very well; I hear; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced.
— Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness