-
Re: Avoiding the Passive Voice
Wonderful topic. I tend to do a mixture of both because like Snoink said, it is weird to read a story that is all in active or passive. I think ...
Nov 27, 2006 -
Re: Who do you admire?
Yeah sure thing! Famous people are always good! There's a lot of good ones on your list, Fire.
Nov 27, 2006 -
Re: Who do you admire?
I've been asking this question a lot to people lately---Who do you admire and why? I would love to hear responses from everyone. Specific answers of possibly an experience that ...
Nov 27, 2006 -
Re: Ah... the frustration...
Leave the idea alone for a couple of days. Then think about it some more. Then leave it alone for a couple of days. Then think about the problem some ...
Nov 27, 2006 -
Re: Evil Knows No Buckeyes
I really loved the child character that the whole thing was from his perspective. It really brings an interesting light to the otherwise depressing setting that the story is placed ...
Nov 25, 2006 -
Re: To Rip Apart
Rewriting...ugh, I get depressed whenever I have to rewrite. But, I always find it ends up better than the original like you said. This is a good topic Snoink.
Nov 24, 2006 -
Re: Learning to Write Fiction (For Beginners)
The only thing I disagree with is the whole short story/novel thing like Snoink said. I really dislike writing short stories; I like the plot and character development that is ...
Nov 24, 2006 -
Re: Aero to the Man!
I hope a tatertot is good, Sage? Ha ha, I'm not sure :) Yeah, I agree with you Shafter research is fun. But I guess I'm a power hungry fool ...
Nov 24, 2006 -
Re: Harry Potter
I think Harry Potter is great. JK Rowling does a fantastic job of hooking her readers in every single book right from the beginning and till the end. This is ...
Nov 24, 2006 -
Re: Writing what you know
I hate that saying...just because it implies to most beginning writers that you should ONLY write about things that you know. I think anyone who wants to be a writer ...
Nov 24, 2006 -
Re: Gypsie Eyes
Yeah, I will give it a thorough look through if you need me to. I probably won't be able to for a week though. I'm leaving on a week long ...
Nov 17, 2006 -
Re: Gypsie Eyes
Hey Gyr! I'm so so so so sorry for being late in this critique. I will get to Chapter 7 asap. I have been very sick of late with the ...
Nov 16, 2006 -
Re: Remodeling YWS
Just reiterating what others have said :wink: sounds great!
Nov 11, 2006 -
Re: Brand New Squills E-Zine
Great format! It really felt like a newsletter! :D Well, not to say that the others didn't but I'm sure you get what I mean! :) ~Aero
Nov 11, 2006 -
Re: Character Answer Game
"Your pain is my joy and your joy, my pain. What a pickle we're in."--The Magician What fears do you have?
Nov 11, 2006
