User avatar

aeroman

  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: In Thrall

    I'm critting the section after Danteel meets Matirra and he's in the shower. “You said you wanted me clean and not reeking of Nagai, blood, and sweat,” Danteel retorted, lathering ...

    Sep 24, 2007
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: In Thrall

    Critting the section after the torture section. She had a delicate nose and a mild, smiling mouth. And her eyes were large and golden, as luminous as her skin. Yucky. ...

    Sep 21, 2007
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: In Thrall

    I'm critting the section after the collar was put on Danteel. I love how they're gambling on the torture. “May the subject of the wager place a bet?” Another interesting ...

    Sep 20, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: The Vendetta by Guy De Maupassant

    Well, the story is actually based sometime during the mid to late 19th century in France (I believe) and you can just read it straight from the link - take ...

    Sep 19, 2007
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: In Thrall

    I'm critting the part after The Beginning They walked between the ranks of gleaming armor. I find it interesting that the soldiers are wearing 'metal' armor. I say metal because ...

    Sep 19, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Musings in a Cemetery Rewrite

    Your story had a very weird tone to it. Not in a bad way. But in a good way. I had this almost unsettling feeling. Probably because the whole time ...

    Sep 18, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: The Vendetta by Guy De Maupassant

    Here's a short story by one of the creators of the modern short story. And it's really creepy and terrible in a cool weird way. The story's plot is that ...

    Sep 18, 2007
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: In Thrall

    This critique is for - The Beginning Danteel fed the white rat a few crumbs from the remnants of his very bad dinner. The creature’s pink eyes seemed to glow ...

    Sep 18, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Midnight

    That was really just a fantastic little bit of writing. You're imagery and descriptions were phenomenal. Way to make a night walk really interesting! I really like how you described ...

    Sep 16, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Beware of the Dog by Roald Dahl

    Another great story, gotta love em. This one is about an RAF (royal air force) pilot during WWII. He is shot in the leg during a dogfight and begins to ...

    Sep 16, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: The Lottery by Shirley Jackson

    I realize this isn't a book, but I think short stories should get reviews too because there are some fantastic short stories out there. This being one of them. I ...

    Sep 16, 2007
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: In Thrall

    All right, I'm starting from where I left off. Right after Danteel revealed to Lark Erabon that he needed him to 'owe him' The light was better here, but just ...

    Sep 15, 2007
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: In Thrall

    Hey, Gyr! Avarice Something I noticed from the first section I read. The ship is called the 'avarice.' Interesting choice of name because avarice means greed. Maybe that is foreshadowing ...

    Sep 12, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Man and His Sunflower

    I wasn't entertained by it and I didn't find any meaning out of it. The only good thing I can point out is that you have a fantastic descriptive ability. ...

    Sep 12, 2007
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: In Thrall

    Hey, Gyr! How are ya?! I’ve only read the first section up to the part where the slave and Erabon leave the meeting, but the focus of my critique will ...

    Sep 11, 2007


When she transformed into a butterfly, the caterpillars spoke not of her beauty, but of her weirdness. They wanted her to change back into what she always had been. But she had wings.
— Dean Jackson