User avatar

adriangarcia

  • Poetry Discussion Re: How do you write poetry?

    I write two very different ways. 1) I randomly start 'seeing' lines of poetry. Then, I write them down and go from there. This is usually the case. 2) I ...

    Feb 22, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Night Nerves

    Well if I am going to honest in order to help you then I have to say I disliked this poem greatly. I'm not going to go in a whole ...

    Feb 22, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Dozen

    This may sound a little harsh but I hated it. The entire poem sounded amateur. Too amateur. The idea of red roses becoming black roses ... healing chocolates ... love ...

    Feb 22, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Love's Suicide

    Not great. I felt the ending was a little rushed. And, I like short poems. However, if it was any longer I would have surely disliked it also. It is ...

    Feb 22, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Screaming Underwater.

    Good Poem. Not my cup of tea, however, I did like it. For the type of poem that it is, I felt it was very relavent. I'm actually glad that ...

    Feb 22, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: Bathtub Musings

    First of all, I love the title. It really set the mood for the poem. Now on to the poem, I felt that it could have been a fantastic poem. ...

    Feb 22, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Leaving Home

    I have very mixed feelings about this poem. My initial reaction was wow. Whether it was a certain familiarity with poems I am accustomed to reading or I really was ...

    Feb 22, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Feet.

    I am not 100% sure I understand this poem. And, I don't know if that is because the message is unclear because of the lack of content or my lax ...

    Feb 22, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: I Held Time in my Hand

    I Held Time in my Hand I held time in my hand and would not let it go. My cold hands imprisoned the golden force. I felt its pleading call ...

    Feb 22, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Dragon vs. Slayer

    I have to say I didn't really like any of the poem until the last stanza. And that was ruined by your comment "Lol! Thanks for reading." It was kind ...

    Feb 11, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Winter's Sigh

    I will start off by saying first that I did like the poem. A nice mellow tone is comforting and a bit of an autobiographical theme is nice. However, I ...

    Feb 11, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: What do you see?

    I do like the general theme, or message, of the poem. Having said that, I would love to see you expand the actual poem. I think it would be something ...

    Feb 10, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: The Faucet is on the Fritz

    The Faucet is on the Fritz This faucet is on the fritz. Drip, Drip, Drip, Every morning another drip. The beads of water gather at the tip, gaining weight with ...

    Feb 10, 2008
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Most Influential Poet(s)

    Personally, Mary Shelley is the most influential literary figure for me. She is the reason I got into literature. Poetry wise, Percy Shelley, Sylvia Plath, Robert Frost, Elizabeth Barrett Browning, ...

    Feb 10, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Diving for Pearls

    I really enjoyed this poem. It was really nice. A problem with young writers, including myself, is the stress we put into each 'work.' So much stress that it ends ...

    Jan 25, 2008


[while trapped in a bucket of popcorn] You know what the worst part is? It's not even butter. We're gonna be destroyed by... ARTIFICIAL FLAVORING!
— Blake Bradley, Power Rangers Ninja Storm