User avatar

Wherethewindgoes

Where the wind goes

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: 1 Timothy 2:11-15 and 1 Corinthians 14:34-35

    So to say God is sexist isn't a true statement, but just taking the verses and twisting their meaning. I see. However, you stated above that God made men to ...

    Mar 26, 2013
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: 1 Timothy 2:11-15 and 1 Corinthians 14:34-35

    Which, leads me to believe this is not taking away women's rights or anything of that manner....I personally believe this has a bit to do with man being the head ...

    Mar 26, 2013
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Human rights.

    Oh really? Empathy can be genetic? this sarcasm, or actual interest?

    Mar 24, 2013
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Human rights.

    Let's face it, if nobody cared about anybody but themselves, I'm 99.99% sure we'd all be dead or worse. Incidentally, there have most likely been societies like this in history ...

    Mar 24, 2013
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Should we abolish marriage?

    Abolishing marriage also prevents people from choosing who can and can't marry...

    Mar 21, 2013
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: 1 Timothy 2:11-15 and 1 Corinthians 14:34-35

    Well, the bible's kind of like poetry; Everybody interprets it differently. Indeed. Does the fact that it can be interpreted (/picked through) in many ways/for one's own interest or preconceived ...

    Mar 21, 2013
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: 1 Timothy 2:11-15 and 1 Corinthians 14:34-35

    Although, trawling through them all I'm just not really seeing 'the world is flat'. I don't know that any of them explicitly state that the world is flat, but some ...

    Mar 21, 2013
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: 1 Timothy 2:11-15 and 1 Corinthians 14:34-35

    Well, what I meant is that they could be talking about the earth as an object. And that it would never shift or break. Well, that would also be incorrect.

    Mar 21, 2013
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: 1 Timothy 2:11-15 and 1 Corinthians 14:34-35

    I'm pretty sure that 'Foundation'='Gravity' I could be wrong though. I think it's more talking about a thing that holds the Earth up; for instance: "Thou didst set the earth ...

    Mar 21, 2013
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: 1 Timothy 2:11-15 and 1 Corinthians 14:34-35

    The Earth being flat: Job 28:24 For he looks to the ends of the earth, and sees everything under the heavens. Psalms 19:4-6 yet their voice goes out through all ...

    Mar 21, 2013
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: 1 Timothy 2:11-15 and 1 Corinthians 14:34-35

    Salutations. (Incidentally, in case you were unaware, there is actually another thread discussing sexism in the Bible. ) Anyway, I feel as if some of this is being looked into ...

    Mar 21, 2013
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Debating Religion

    Do you honestly these people were just crazy, and that the thousands of people who reported to see these people and reported were just bull-sh***ing? I think it very likely ...

    Mar 15, 2013
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Selflessness?

    With good comes bad, and with bad comes good ... Could you explain that? I don't really understand what you mean.

    Mar 15, 2013
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Debating Religion

    MY POINT (which nobody responded to ) is that atheist morals are based on what people think. Right. And religious morals are based on a book written thousands of years ...

    Mar 15, 2013
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Debating Religion

    Oh, I was under the impression we were talking about religion in general. In your case, we're saying some religious beliefs are good while others aren't. Oh, never mind. I ...

    Mar 15, 2013


I say Wolf, for all wolves are not of the same sort; there is one kind with an amenable disposition – neither noisy, nor hateful, nor angry, but tame, obliging and gentle, following the young maids in the streets, even into their homes. Alas! Who does not know that these gentle wolves are of all such creatures the most dangerous!
— Charles Perrault