User avatar

WaterVyper

  • Welcome Mat Re: Hey im new :D

    Hello Kayleigh! That's a cool name. How are you? I've seen Echelon around a few times, but never really associated that much with her. Anyway, it's great to meet you. ...

    Jan 19, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: hello

    Hello Chelise! There are just two rules that you have to follow here, and they're easy to follow. 1. Keep the 2:1 rule. That means for every piece of work ...

    Jan 18, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: About Me

    Hello Hannah! I'm Emily then. I'm in the middle of eigth grade right now, at twelve years old. *sigh* That really sucks. At least I'm not the youngest. I'm older ...

    Jan 18, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: hihihi

    Hello Ophelia! It's great to have a new person added to our family! It's a very big dysfunctional one, so don't mind us if we start spewing some random stuff. ...

    Jan 18, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: hi

    Merry_Haven, it's called a poet. Anyway, welcome to YWS, cee! Wow, you can dance without tripping over your own two feet? I envy you. Actually no, I don't. Dancing is ...

    Jan 18, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: Welcome New Members! [2]

    Now Firestarter, don't be getting jealous now. And hello Ryan! Nice to see you again. Welcome to all new members, and I know you'll have a great time on the ...

    Jan 18, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: Greetings and Salutations

    I think it's only 150 for a storybook now, and it costs nothing to post in one. Welcome to YWS Lydia! Well, you automatically get 10 points for any piece ...

    Jan 18, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: New

    Hello Kate! I know at least three different people named Kate, not including you. Well, time for interrogati- er questions! I'm sure you didn't hear anything, right? [s]Anyway, what are ...

    Jan 18, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: hiya

    Hello emokitty! Like Echelon, I love your name. It's just cute. So, you like manga? I've heard that there was a usergroup for anime and manga around here. I'm not ...

    Jan 18, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: Good Afternoon

    Well, Meep already introduced you to the rules. Anyway, welcome to YWS, Black Halo! For me, it's afternoon as well. [s]And wasn't it polar bears who lived in Antarctica?[/s] Nevermind, ...

    Jan 17, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello people of this site

    Hello Ryan. Well, sorry to do this but you need to use proper spelling, grammar, and capitalization, since it's part of the rules. I'll explain: 1. Keep the 2:1 rule. ...

    Jan 17, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: Introduction

    Unlike Meep, I actually do wear braces. Anyway, nice to meet you! YWS is great, and poetry is no problem. Poetry is really hard to write, and anybody who can ...

    Jan 17, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello!!!

    Nah, getting overexcited's normal. I was like that too when I first discoered how YWS works. Anyway, I'll go off and take a look at what you've posted. So, what ...

    Jan 17, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: Yo

    Hello Pride! I understand exactly how you fell. Multi-chapter pieces are very difficult for me to complete, since they suck up more energy than I have. Anyway, great to see ...

    Jan 17, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello! I am introducing my self!

    Ah yes, I love the Lightning Thief. I'm waiting for the fifth book to come out, and it literally has me on the edge of my seat. Yeah, it'll slowly ...

    Jan 16, 2009


The idea that a poem was a made thing stayed with me, and I decided then that I wanted to be an artist, not just a diarist. So I put myself through a kind of apprenticeship in writing poetry, and I understood even then that my practice as a poet was deeply related to my reading.
— Edward Hirsch