User avatar

Vanadis

  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Hurt 'em

    I like the lack of capitalization and the way it's broken up. those who hide their fondest fears and darkest memories (shamelessly behind a) I like this: how you took ...

    Jan 12, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: ode to an alienated lover

    Hello. I'm not really sure how I felt about the poem; I liked the delivery of the idea, but not so much the idea. It wasn't exactly a bad idea. ...

    Jan 12, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Mastering an Art

    Greetings! One thing that bugged me was the repeated stanza. Those are okay, except your poem was really short, so 50% of it was just repeating itself. If you want ...

    Jan 12, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: She

    Hello! I'd have to agree with what was said before about rhythm and using stronger words. Don't make things sound forced just for the sake of rhyming; figure out what ...

    Jan 12, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: The Banners Torn

    Hello! I have to say I really enjoyed that. The rhythm was great, the rhyme scheme pretty nifty, and the story...well, it reminded me of Valhalla, actually; mostly in stanzas ...

    Jan 12, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: War Stories

    Hello! So really my only beef with this is the rhythm. It seems like you tried to force yourself into rhyming (as has been said above) and you ended up ...

    Jan 12, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Alone

    Hi! I'd have to say this is one of the better dark poems I've seen lately. The rhyme scheme is good, your spelling is good, and even though it wasn't ...

    Jan 12, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The Failings

    I have to say I really enjoyed reading this poem. A unique idea, focusing on the self rather than someone or something else, which lately is all I seem to ...

    Jan 12, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: That Night

    I liked it. I agree that it was long enough to tell the story and short enough to make it so that it doesn't drag. I also agree that it ...

    Jan 12, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Ode to a mother

    In all honesty, this poem was very hard to read through. I know you're probably getting tired of it, because every other critique has mentioned this fact, but please, spell ...

    Jan 12, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Hopes and Dreams

    Hello! So my first impression of this is that it reads more like a speech than a poem. It's like an agenda. The first stanza seems like it could be ...

    Jan 12, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Where Lost Deams Go to Die

    This doesn't really seem to jump out at me much. It's got potential, yes; however, it's about where lost dreams go, right? So they go to a place where they ...

    Jan 11, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: The Fox

    Hello. This is a great poem. I don't think I'd change anything. A truth so vague, so fragile And yet it beckons That great black nothing From whence you were ...

    Jan 11, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Bunch of Haikus

    Greetings! Some of these were pretty good. Haiku are in a way both the easiest and hardest to write; they've got three lines, so you don't have to have a ...

    Jan 11, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Inseparable

    Greetings, Midnight person! I'm Vanadis, and I notice you're new-ish so I would like to welcome you to YWS. I'm sure you'll find your stay pleasant. So, on to the ...

    Jan 11, 2010


Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
— Mark Twain