Random avatar

TheWordsmith

  • Writing Tips Re: To have a market or not to have a market

    Like I said before, I write for children&teens in the adventure/fantasy genre, depending on the story idea. I mean, I am in that age group, so why shouldn't I write ...

    Jun 12, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: To have a market or not to have a market

    First of all, what the hell is a literary style? There's no styles more literary than others. Egads! You don't believe in literary style? Sure, all styles are equally literary, ...

    Jun 4, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Im having some trouble finishing my book =/

    You really want advice? Well, here goes. My cures for writer's block: 1. Just write. Junk write. Write for a set time frame (10-15 min for me) and write whatever ...

    Jun 4, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: To have a market or not to have a market

    I write for children and teenagers, depending on the story and who's in it and where I want it to go. Adult books? No way, not yet at least. [quote] ...

    May 27, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: What if I don't have anything to put?

    Okay, I should be known as the random advice giver right about now. So, here goes: Read books on writing. I can't stress that enough. The Young Writer's Guide to ...

    May 22, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Writer's tool kit

    Here's my list: 1) Great imagination (of course) 2) Photographic memory helps 3) Some books by authors I admire 4) Some books on writing 5) My computer 6) Do dreams ...

    May 22, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: writing the first chapter is the hardest...help?

    You really want advice? Well, here goes. First, if you know the plot, write it down. I never do, but I've heard that it works. Second, the blank page is ...

    May 22, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: New idea

    Here's some advice as a writer. Conflict, conflict, conflict. Trust me. Also, an ancient riddle or somesuch thing, to add to the story, so it's not just him finding out ...

    May 22, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: what are some good villan names?

    My advice is mess around with sounds until you like what it sounds like, then write it down. Buy a baby name book, or go to a baby name website. ...

    May 22, 2008


I'll admit the two turtle doves are growing on me, but there are ten birds in this house already and we both know geese are feathered bioweapons of mass destruction.
— Silvern