Random avatar

TheWordsmith

  • Writing Tips Re: Asplosions

    Go straight to the reaction, giving the explanation in bits as the MC finds out about it. (third person/first person) At least, that's how I would do it.

    Sep 14, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: The Perfect 23

    Whoa. Cool concept. Now that I think on it, it does sound like The Giver, but that's not what I thought about first. Actually, the Utopia idea seems to becoming ...

    Sep 3, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Book ideas: Having so much trouble thinking up one!!!

    Two words- junk writing. Just sit down and write whatever comes to mind. "My thumb hurts." "This is a stupid exersise." "Why did I ever listen to Wordsmith?" You know, ...

    Sep 3, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Need Help Submitting :S

    Oooh, my area of expertise. Forgive me if I rant. Yes, actually finding an agent is important but even more so is the dreaded query letter. Yikes ! is what ...

    Sep 3, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Need help finding a name

    For a name for her, if you don't have one already- maybe it would be better to have a name that doesn;t sound so tough, maybe that is misleading.

    Aug 22, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Need help finding a name

    Could there be a little more info, please?

    Aug 21, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: so you want to be a writer?

    Some of the advice must have been good. Like this bit: if you're doing it for money or fame, don't do it. Seriously, I dunno what fairyland this guy lives ...

    Aug 2, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Character Sheet

    All those details are confusing me. :? Otherwise, I might try it...

    Aug 2, 2008
  • Research Re: Writer's Conferences

    I've heard in many different sources- Writer's Digest, various writing books- that every writer needs to go to a conference at least once in their life. Only problem is, every ...

    Aug 2, 2008
  • Research Re: Searching for "S" words

    six sweet sweat slip slide skate shriek slow sugar salad suspicious share shall speed seven show shh shush start stuff stack side sit strike so subject strip Spanish Swedish self ...

    Jul 20, 2008
  • Research Re: Forms of Magic

    I'll cover the basics for Elemental magic, which include the following: Animal magic- talking to, sensing, using, or shapechanging into animals Earth magic- talking, using, seeing through, with plants

    Jul 20, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Tips on Writing

    Sometimes people don't reply to posts for over an hour, sometimes more than a day. Try not to panic. I wasn't panicking, I'm just IMPATIENT (yes, all caps). Besides, I ...

    Jun 19, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Tips on Writing

    Anyone? All right, I'll give you my opinion. I like both! It's fun to give tips, especially since I have a lot of them, and it's great to have someone ...

    Jun 12, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: School Writing Club

    Okay, if you want some more ideas, here's some. Workshops- monthy, weekly, it doesn't matter. You know, things like Writer's Block, Charectors, Plot, that kind of thing. Talk about good ...

    Jun 12, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Tips on Writing

    Hey, all you other YWS writers! So, here's a question: Which do you like better, to give tips or receive tips (on writing) and why?

    Jun 12, 2008


So verily with the hardship, there is a relief, verily with the hardship, there is a relief.
— Quran Ch 94:5-6