Random avatar

TheWordsmith

  • Research Re: Coup?

    You know, I'm not entirely sure myself, but I'll do my best. I think it would involve things like a person close to whoever was in charge- a traitorous friend, ...

    Nov 5, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Description

    Description- important to the story, right? Well, my problem is actually doing enough of it to count. I get bored with things like "her blond hair flowed in the breeze, ...

    Oct 30, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Choose a hero

    A psycic bug. Sorry, but even though I like all the charectors you gave, I keep coming up with the idea that something different would be good. Hence, the psycic ...

    Oct 21, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Which is the better story plot?

    This isn't going to help much, but here I go. Both! I'd say write the one that you thought out more first, then the other one. Or do one as ...

    Oct 18, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: My newest storyline

    Right now it's a very basic plot. Then again, most of my plots started out that way. But so far, it seems interesing. Suggestion? Make the wise old man a ...

    Oct 18, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Self-Publishing

    Well, I wish you luck with that. I don't know about or lulu, but I'm kinda an expert on publishing and marketing in general. If you need anything like that, ...

    Oct 18, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Help with Tenses

    Here are the basic tenses. Past tense- "Jack walked down the street." Present tense- "Jack was/is walking down the street." Future tense- "Jack is going to walk down the street." ...

    Oct 18, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Book one, book two - what's the point?

    Cliffhangers, among other things. Take Brian Jacques' novels, for an example- he normally has three "books", or parts, in each novel, for different reasons. In one story, it showed time ...

    Oct 18, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Thunder's Attempts to write more

    Oooh, Oceanids sound like interesting charectors. Mayhap there's a story waiting there...

    Oct 5, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: What font/font size do you use?

    For submitting to publishers/agents, they generally want an easy-to-read type like Arial or Times New Roman in size 12-14, double-spaced.

    Sep 26, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Thunder's Attempts to write more

    That sounds cool! Feel free to PM me with the chapters.

    Sep 26, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Selling Yourself

    Blogging is supposed to be good, But it takes a lot for a blog to become big Exactly. Thunder_dude was right, for writing for magazines. You could also do a ...

    Sep 26, 2008
  • Research Re: Gaming lingo

    Would "Pick a card, any card" count? *wracks brain for more* Sorry, that's about the only one I can think of at the moment. Nice avatar, by the way.

    Sep 26, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Insert a really long and officious sounding name here

    Oh, no, don't think that! It sounds like a book I'd read! Just a tip- don't end one book with a question/without answering all the questions/leaving many ends hanging. I ...

    Sep 16, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Story Idea. Does this sound halfway decent to you?

    Did you know that the name/word "Ronan" means a warrior without a master? (think samurai without a damyo.) And I like the whole supernatural-powers thing... it may be because I ...

    Sep 14, 2008


I hope I’ve never been quoted, tbh
— paigey