Random avatar

TheWordsmith

  • Writers Corner Re: How do you go about planning a novel ?

    Planning? Who needs planning? :) Seriously, though, I don't actually plan-- that makes the story boring to me, since I like to discover what happens along the way. I've learned, ...

    Apr 7, 2010
  • Research Re: Screenwriting

    Yeah, that really helped. Thanks!

    Apr 7, 2010
  • Writers Corner Re: Need help with publishing!

    Horserider already covered the main points, but I'd like to add a few things. 1. First Five Pages Even if you don't send it in with you're query, your first ...

    Jun 11, 2009
  • Research Re: Lord of the Rings stuff

    Sadly, I don't know either. I just wanted to say that nothing having to do with Lord of the Rings is stupid! Okay, I could probably think of a few ...

    Jun 10, 2009
  • Research Re: Laptops

    A laptop is a laptop; nothing more, nothing less. Don't make it out to be more than what it is. There is no such thing as a 'writer's laptop' so ...

    Mar 18, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: To have a market or not to have a market

    Sorry in advance for getting off-topic. Icarus, I must say that your reference to Bob Dylan seems a bit... obscure. Sure, it's a good example for some things, even if ...

    Feb 28, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Finished my novel and moving onto editing.

    Congrats on finishing your novel! I have a few points I would like to make. First, the only good writing is rewriting (or so said a famous writer- I can't ...

    Feb 26, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: I've been working on the same novel for four years!

    I've been working on a novel since 2003, and after two major series of writer's block and a ton of ideas for other books, I've realized that the only thing ...

    Feb 25, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Best Piece of Advice

    Spellcheck is all well and good, but when all is said and done, grammar check!

    Feb 25, 2009
  • Research Re: Robots

    I recently decided that I liked robots, got a few books on robotics, and want to build one (starting point: a kit). But there are sooooo many different kits out ...

    Feb 25, 2009
  • Research Re: Laptops

    Whoops, forgot to add something- The lilleputers seem to be made for writing. They're small, really lightweight, easy to carry around, and if the keyboard is a little small, well, ...

    Dec 18, 2008
  • Research Re: Laptops

    Basically any laptop will do, as long as it's not connected to the internet- even those new lilleputers (mini computers) will do. I've found that Linux and OpenOffice are an ...

    Dec 18, 2008
  • Research Re: Coup?

    You're welcome!

    Nov 21, 2008
  • Research Re: Screenwriting

    I'm really interested in writing a screenplay, but my main experience is in novels. So, does anyone know any books or websites that give the basics on screenwriting?

    Nov 21, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Harlem Runs: Novel to be? Would you read?

    Princesses DON'T GO TO SCHOOL Actually, some do. About the story... it was interesting. I'd read it, but yes, you should add a few more things. Like, WHY won't people ...

    Nov 5, 2008


What holds you betwixt panic and serenity? That is, if it's not among the many querulous quagmires unfit for elaboration.
— soundofmind as Emiliano Achillinus