Random avatar

TheWordsmith

  • Official Polls Re: What's Your Favorite Summer Olympics Sport?

    Swimming! Gymnastics is pretty high up there too. I haven't watched the Olympics very much yet, mostly just the opening.

    Aug 12, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: book i am writing

    I'm going to be real nit picky because, though it needs a bit of work, it was interesting. Her name was Branwen . She was a young girl around the ...

    Aug 12, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: The Journey to Occultus Silva

    This is so far an amazing story. I did find a few things that could flow better, but otherwise, I'm hooked. A year after this atrocity took place, the evil ...

    Aug 11, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Amoung the hidden- Margret Pettersen Haddix

    I do believe the new book is called Found...

    Aug 11, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Artemis Fowl

    The Artemis Fowl series is awesome. Haven't read the Time Paradox yet, but from what I've read, it shpould live up to the promise of the series.

    Aug 10, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Brisingr (Eragon 3) Spoiler

    A God? I seriously doubt Paolini can pull that off...oh well, some things never change. Yeah, seriously. Well, anything to make more money, I guess.

    Aug 6, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Amoung the hidden- Margret Pettersen Haddix

    Loved the series ever since I stumbled across it. Favorite? Among the Betrayed and Among the Hidden and ... uh, well, all of them. Every few months or so I'll ...

    Aug 6, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Welcome New Members!

    I'm not new, but I thought this would be the best place to ask: how do you edit posts? I've seen edited posts in lots of places, and it's driving ...

    Aug 6, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: so you want to be a writer?

    Some of the advice must have been good. Like this bit: if you're doing it for money or fame, don't do it. Seriously, I dunno what fairyland this guy lives ...

    Aug 2, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Character Sheet

    All those details are confusing me. :? Otherwise, I might try it...

    Aug 2, 2008
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: prologue

    It was a good prologue, but it would be better with a lot more emotion. The descriptions were good, but you seemed to use the semicolon or a dash in ...

    Aug 2, 2008
  • Research Archives Re: Small American Towns

    Fair Oaks, California. Don't know the name of the high school, but its a cool little town. Snows a tiny bit in the winter, but not much, unfortunately. Of course, ...

    Aug 2, 2008
  • Research Re: Writer's Conferences

    I've heard in many different sources- Writer's Digest, various writing books- that every writer needs to go to a conference at least once in their life. Only problem is, every ...

    Aug 2, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Autumnwood

    I'm not sure, but have you read the Redwall series? This seems awfully similar to that. Perhaps this is where your inspiration comes from. *nods agreement* This does sound a ...

    Jul 21, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Which Console do you prefer?

    Anything by Nintendo.

    Jul 20, 2008


I’d heard he had started a fistfight in one of the seedier local taverns because someone had insisted on saying the word “utilize” instead of “use".
— Patrick Rothfuss, A Wise Man's Fear