Random avatar

TheWordsmith

  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: Contest Entry - Terrible Writing Prompts

    I could only find one mistake, as follows. "Shiny," the girl murmured, delighted by the gold ring she held in her hand. Otherwise, it was a good story. I especially ...

    Sep 15, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Story Idea. Does this sound halfway decent to you?

    Did you know that the name/word "Ronan" means a warrior without a master? (think samurai without a damyo.) And I like the whole supernatural-powers thing... it may be because I ...

    Sep 14, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Asplosions

    Go straight to the reaction, giving the explanation in bits as the MC finds out about it. (third person/first person) At least, that's how I would do it.

    Sep 14, 2008
  • Research Archives Re: Small American Towns

    Port Angeles and the City of Forks, WA. Very interesting places. Big city nearby- Seattle.

    Sep 14, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: The Perfect 23

    Whoa. Cool concept. Now that I think on it, it does sound like The Giver, but that's not what I thought about first. Actually, the Utopia idea seems to becoming ...

    Sep 3, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Book ideas: Having so much trouble thinking up one!!!

    Two words- junk writing. Just sit down and write whatever comes to mind. "My thumb hurts." "This is a stupid exersise." "Why did I ever listen to Wordsmith?" You know, ...

    Sep 3, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Need Help Submitting :S

    Oooh, my area of expertise. Forgive me if I rant. Yes, actually finding an agent is important but even more so is the dreaded query letter. Yikes ! is what ...

    Sep 3, 2008
  • Information Desk Archive Re: Get A Free YWS Sticker! (updated with pictures)

    *searches for envelopes* Awesome.

    Sep 3, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Need help finding a name

    For a name for her, if you don't have one already- maybe it would be better to have a name that doesn;t sound so tough, maybe that is misleading.

    Aug 22, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Need help finding a name

    Could there be a little more info, please?

    Aug 21, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Harry Potter... The Musical

    Oh. My. Gosh. *Gulps* They. Have. Got. To. Be. Kidding.

    Aug 21, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Cirque du Soleil

    The Cirque du Soleil shows are amazing. I myself have watched Allegria, on DVD; La Nouba, on DVD; Ka Extreme, or the making of Ka, on DVD; and actually went ...

    Aug 17, 2008
  • Research Archives Re: Small American Towns

    Or you could base your imaginary small town on a real one... There's also Maryville, Athens, and Sparta of TN. The last two have interesting names. :) Since they're in ...

    Aug 14, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: The Dragon's Revenge

    Well, the story beginning was pretty good, but might not be toned down enough, depending on what the age of your audience is. Also, I did wonder why they were ...

    Aug 12, 2008
  • Research Archives Re: Ice Age

    The Ice Age was cold . Sorry, just had to get that out of the way. :D Besides Dire Wolves, there were woolly mammoths and saber-tooth tigers wandering around and ...

    Aug 12, 2008


I wondered why we put villains in our stories when we have plenty of them in real life; then I realized that maybe we wanted stories where the good guy wins.
— nogutsnoglory