Random avatar

TheWordsmith

  • Media Reviews Re: Good spy fic

    All right, I admit it: I do love a good spy fiction. The only problem is, I've either been reading the wrong stuff or all the spy fiction there is ...

    Feb 25, 2009
  • Research Re: Robots

    I recently decided that I liked robots, got a few books on robotics, and want to build one (starting point: a kit). But there are sooooo many different kits out ...

    Feb 25, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: Inkheart, Inkspell, and, soon to be released, Inkdeath

    I agree with others- all the books moved very slowly after you got a few (sixty, say) pages in. It was like she reached the climax and stood there... waiting... ...

    Dec 18, 2008
  • Research Re: Laptops

    Whoops, forgot to add something- The lilleputers seem to be made for writing. They're small, really lightweight, easy to carry around, and if the keyboard is a little small, well, ...

    Dec 18, 2008
  • Research Re: Laptops

    Basically any laptop will do, as long as it's not connected to the internet- even those new lilleputers (mini computers) will do. I've found that Linux and OpenOffice are an ...

    Dec 18, 2008
  • Research Re: Coup?

    You're welcome!

    Nov 21, 2008
  • Research Re: Screenwriting

    I'm really interested in writing a screenplay, but my main experience is in novels. So, does anyone know any books or websites that give the basics on screenwriting?

    Nov 21, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Harry Potter... The Musical

    Sorry for my stunned reply earlier. Seriously, I was dumbfounded. Eragon the Musical, anyone?

    Nov 5, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Harlem Runs: Novel to be? Would you read?

    Princesses DON'T GO TO SCHOOL Actually, some do. About the story... it was interesting. I'd read it, but yes, you should add a few more things. Like, WHY won't people ...

    Nov 5, 2008
  • Research Archives Re: Elfs

    Basically tall, graceful, powerful, agile, perfect people with pointy ears and lots of magic. Oh, yeah, they generally have black/blond hair, emerald green/sky blue/dark eyes, and so on. Flawless. Yea

    Nov 5, 2008
  • Research Re: Coup?

    You know, I'm not entirely sure myself, but I'll do my best. I think it would involve things like a person close to whoever was in charge- a traitorous friend, ...

    Nov 5, 2008
  • NovMo Archives Re: Post Your NaNo '08 Wordcount!

    Does it count if I've already written 75,000 words on a novel? Cause this year I'm just aiming on actuakly finishing it.

    Nov 5, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Description

    Description- important to the story, right? Well, my problem is actually doing enough of it to count. I get bored with things like "her blond hair flowed in the breeze, ...

    Oct 30, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Choose a hero

    A psycic bug. Sorry, but even though I like all the charectors you gave, I keep coming up with the idea that something different would be good. Hence, the psycic ...

    Oct 21, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Amoung the hidden- Margret Pettersen Haddix

    Yeah, Double Identity was awesome. I liked The House on the Gulf, too.

    Oct 21, 2008


Thou call'dst me a dog before thou hadst cause. But, since I am a dog, beware my fangs.
— Shylock, The Merchant of Venice