Random avatar

TheWordsmith

  • Writers Corner Re: How do you go about planning a novel ?

    Planning? Who needs planning? :) Seriously, though, I don't actually plan-- that makes the story boring to me, since I like to discover what happens along the way. I've learned, ...

    Apr 7, 2010
  • Research Re: Screenwriting

    Yeah, that really helped. Thanks!

    Apr 7, 2010
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Who Needs Dragons?

    It seems interesting. I liked how the characters were talking casually about mythical creatures. I have a question: Which world does this take place on? Earth itself, or merely an ...

    Jun 18, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Change chapter 1 (yes... again)

    Fist off, wow. "Hooked" seems like the right word.... But there were a few things that need improvement. I noticed a lot of run-on sentences, especially when someone was talking ...

    Jun 15, 2009
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: The Institute, Part Three

    Here's Part Three. This time, it's told from Sandy's point of view. The Institute, Part Three: Sandy It's not surprising that Willa doesn't like Hacking Basics; from what I've seen ...

    Jun 11, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Need help with publishing!

    Horserider already covered the main points, but I'd like to add a few things. 1. First Five Pages Even if you don't send it in with you're query, your first ...

    Jun 11, 2009
  • Homework Help Re: Letter Review!

    It was good, but a bit confusing. If you're trying for the business letter approach, it would go something like this. The suggestions in asterisks are your choice, of course, ...

    Jun 11, 2009
  • Homework Help Re: The Tale Of Desperaux.

    Here's my contribution: The main character is a mouse , named Despereaux. The comma makes it kind of stilted. He comes closer to hear the music better and the princess ...

    Jun 11, 2009
  • Homework Help Re: Huckleberry Finn

    I know I read Huck Finn a while ago, but I can't remember whether Mark Twain, through Huck, was a racist. Instead, I'll treat you to a definition on racism: ...

    Jun 11, 2009
  • Randomosity Archive Re: The Tavern

    Wordsmith grins and leans back, sipping cider. "Turns out I was wrong...."

    Jun 11, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: The Inkheart Series

    I thought Inkheart was boring. Don't get me wrong, it had amazing potential. It was just that I got a third of the way through the story and was like, ...

    Jun 11, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Hi, I have a problem with the story that I'm writing.....

    I just asked a computer expert and he said to use a recovery tool- maybe Norton's has one?- that will allow you to see all the sections of the file. ...

    Jun 10, 2009
  • Research Archives Re: Scientific and social aspects of a superpower

    Well, as for the scientific aspects... There hasn't been an actual case like this so I don't know how accurate this is. He might have the ability to control lightning. ...

    Jun 10, 2009
  • Research Re: Lord of the Rings stuff

    Sadly, I don't know either. I just wanted to say that nothing having to do with Lord of the Rings is stupid! Okay, I could probably think of a few ...

    Jun 10, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Hi, I have a problem with the story that I'm writing.....

    You didn't, like, install a new writing tool (like OpenOffice or Microsoft Word) did you? Or have you surfed the web a lot lately? If you've surfed a lot, you ...

    Jun 10, 2009


Once you have people's attention, you have a greater responsibility to tell them something of value.
— Tobias Forge (Ghost B.C.)