User avatar

TheThing

  • Narrative Poetry Re: Jacq of Hearts

    It's a poem. About a girl named Jacqueline. ----------------- While I was playing cards, I met the Jacq of Hearts. And from that moment on, I knew we could never ...

    Nov 27, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Him

    This is a very good poem. The words come very naturally, and feel like the speaker is actually holding a conversation with me. Believe it or not, that can be ...

    Nov 2, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: My Smile

    That was a great theme for a poem. It speaks to just about everyone - how we, as a society, hides our actual emotions in the course of public life. ...

    Oct 29, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Private

    ... There is absolutely nothing to say about this, Yeah, I was just kind of looking to share it, see if people could connect to how I'm feeling. It's nice ...

    Oct 28, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Private

    Obviously, I'm going through some tough times right now. This is just a stream of consciousness of everything I'm feeling right now about this girl, but I've been told that ...

    Oct 27, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Her Rain Storm

    A rather simple poem I wrote about a girl. Hope you guys enjoy ---------- Just like a rain storm, she's Advancing across the sky, Circling above my head, Quietly waiting ...

    Oct 12, 2010
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: Island in the Sky

    Thanks Max, I'm glad you liked my story. This was posted after my first editing session, and I'm in the middle of my second. I'm sure if you read through ...

    Aug 30, 2010
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: Island in the Sky

    I... I honestly don't know what to say. This was the most positive review I've ever had. Usually something is wrong, or this part doesn't feel right, or there's a ...

    Aug 28, 2010
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: Island in the Sky

    NOTE: This is a bit long (5,000+ words), so make sure you're comfortable and got something to drink before you start. And this is soft sci-fi, so don't complain that ...

    Aug 28, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: American Disaster (edited)

    I really like this poem, but I'm going to focus what I didn't like. I'm not a big James Dean fan (all I know is that he was in Rebel ...

    Aug 13, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Carrousel cassé

    I agree with Evi. While it is a nice poem with a lot of meaning to it, the haiku format hinders it. Like Evi said, it gets repetitive when done ...

    Aug 2, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Sea Ballet

    I actually really liked this. I thought the comparison of a single wave from an ocean storm to a ballet dancer was wonderful and imaginative. The only thing I would ...

    Jul 31, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: The Robot

    I've been bouncing this idea around from a while, but only now have I had the time to put it down and edit it. This is soft sci-fi, as in, ...

    Jul 31, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: V.I.C.T.O.R.I.A.

    While this poem has some good bones, it lacks the muscle to really carry the poem. You picked a tough format to work in. These type of poems are usually ...

    Jul 31, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: The Bus

    This poem does not having any feeling/it's boring/it's wordy I think some people are missing the point. It's supposed to be boring, it's supposed lack emotions, and it's supposed to ...

    May 12, 2010


Pain is filtered in a poem so that it becomes finally, in the end, pleasure.
— Mark Strand