User avatar

TheThing

  • Dramatic Poetry Re: No-Shave November

    I tried to grow a beard To hide my face. I couldn't even do that right. --------------- Yeah, it's a bit short and simple, but some of the best poems ...

    Nov 14, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Fallen Down

    A very short thing I did based around alcohol addiction. I know there's a bit more tell than show, but I wanted the focus to be on the metaphor I'm ...

    Aug 7, 2011
  • Art & Photography Re: My photography

    Overall, not bad photography. Your framing, lighting, and all that technical stuff is proficient overall, which is a good start. However, the hard part is utilizing it. The first picture ...

    Aug 7, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Drugs

    This is a really great poem. I didn't find many mistakes but I would like to point out those that I did. Thanks for the review. All of the mistakes ...

    May 26, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Drugs

    Marijuana is nice. It’s simple. You forget. Your brain shuts down. It doesn’t bother Thinking about your Failures with Her And how they happened or why they happened. It’s nice. ...

    May 26, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Dear Momma.

    Very sweet poem that sounds very personal towards the end. However, as you said, it flits between that and a Hallmark card. And, like you said, there's no solid rhyme ...

    May 8, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Thanks to You

    Thanks guys. I can honestly say I've never been this happy in my life. Also, I changed the "Thanks to you" from the end of the stanza to the beginning. ...

    May 7, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Thanks to You

    Thanks to you, For once, I’m happy. Completely, unequivocally, happy. I’ve never felt this happy in my entire life. Thanks to you, For once, I’m loved. Completely, totally loved. I’ve ...

    May 7, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Best Friend

    Before I begin this, I'm relatively new at poetry too (my poems aren't too good, unless you want to read them, in which case, they're amazing and you should do ...

    Dec 16, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: My Soul Mate

    While I really appreciate the kind words, and I hate to state the idea behind the poem, I feel like some of you are missing the point a bit. Yes, ...

    Dec 15, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: My Soul Mate

    She’s always around me, But she’s never near me. I want to be with her, But I can’t approach her. She’s just so full of life, And always so happy. ...

    Dec 15, 2010
  • Other Re: Sunrise, Sunset, Night

    It's one of those speeches that is said at the end of a dramatic movie that sums up the theme of everything. The inspirational quote that inspires teenagers to hang ...

    Dec 13, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Forgotten Homelands *Edited*

    This is a great poem. The reader can truly see the dichotomy of this woman's home land of basics, to the new world's artificial life, and how the basics are ...

    Nov 28, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Jacq of Hearts

    First, I would like to thank you for reviewing my work. All of your comments are appreciated, and I'm glad to hear that you guys could understand the poem. JoJo, ...

    Nov 28, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Two Sides of the Road

    I agree with everything LastPaladin has said. It feels like an unfinished poem. You present the 2 sides of the road, but nothing else. That leads to a very confusing ...

    Nov 27, 2010


"Be yourself" is not advice. It's an existential crisis waiting to happen.
— Hank Green