User avatar

TheModernist

  • Lounge, The Re: Double Rainbow in the Sky, and other awesome stupid videos

    I didn't see any thread on here like this yet, so I figured I start one: Since we can all use a good laugh once in a while, it's nice ...

    Aug 2, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: The Life of a Teenage Girl

    "Lost in a sea of infinite misunderstandings, Chained by childhood, Tantalized by adulthood, Which waves the key like a banner of uncertainty." Very well put. Definitely captured an emotion there: ...

    Aug 2, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: The old train tracks.

    I love short, concise, simple poems, but they have to be sharp either a rapier or a sledgehammer. Unfortunately, I didn't feel stabbed or pummeled. The first stanza is good, ...

    Aug 2, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Lonely

    First off, I'm just starting to play around with meter so I know it can be a challenge,but you did manage to achieve an admirable amount of rhythm with this ...

    Aug 2, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: I can taste the color purple

    I agree with all the above posts which say that the poem is "choppy" and could benefit from a bit of punctuating, but I really like what you're trying to ...

    Aug 2, 2010
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Meter

    Just out of curiosity, how many of you aspiring poets set or at least attempt to set your poems to a meter? How important do you think it is? And ...

    Aug 2, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: To Build A House

    First off, I like the theme. But the first stanza seemed a little estranged from the rest of the poem: "with a hunters weapons; bow and arrow. Mammouth skin and ...

    Jul 30, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Eating Worms (Redux)

    This was really good. Normally i avoid poems on the longer side, but this one was gripping. For some reason it reminded me of something Johnny cash would have wrote. ...

    Jul 30, 2010
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Heart of Stone<3

    I was a little confused myself, and I think I know why: my very first impression was that she was older, and that, in her younger years, she had been ...

    Jul 30, 2010
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Favorite poem?

    That one by yeats was awesome.

    Jul 30, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: The Beat Road

    This was cool, but vague, now vague is not bad, but this one may be a little too vague. There is a lot of room where you can place a ...

    Jul 30, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Ghosts

    The message is really great. Isaac is right that the tone is neutral, as opposed to how emotional it could be, but I think it works. It's like this guy ...

    Jul 29, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The Unsettled Lover

    This is a perfect example of where you set out to write something, to put a thought in words, and it just turns into a completely different thing on its ...

    Jul 29, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Rain

    Very descriptive, but at the cost of fluidity: "Rain. It is so pure, so easy. It is motivated through its cycle and beautiful when it hits slippery puddles on the ...

    Jul 29, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: First Lines (Poll)

    First paragraph then the middle. I've been bamboozled too many times by a first line.

    Jul 29, 2010


Love is all we have, the only way that each can help the other.
— Euripides