Random avatar

TheEnigma

  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The last day

    This is great! That was a total twist at the end. I wasn't expecting it at all. I was sure this was going to be a tragic story of hopelessness ...

    Aug 10, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: It’s a Valet’s Life

    I was thinking about entering this in a contest, so reviews are very welcome. And very needed. :D Thanks. ______________________________________________________________________________________________

    Aug 10, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Gothic story

    This was so intense, I couldn't stop reading it. Your first sentence was great; it hooked me right away. And I also liked your implied what was going to happen ...

    Aug 9, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Please! Someone save my writing!

    Just write the more exciting scenes in your plot out--you know, the ones that stand out clearly in your head and you know exactly what's going to happen-- and put ...

    Aug 9, 2010
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Misty Eyes: Chapter Four

    Wow, I really liked this. It was one of those pieces that you just can't stop reading. Just a couple things I noticed: It slammed shut behind her, but she ...

    Aug 8, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Hitman scene 3

    Haha, I like your characters. They are just great, especially Markus. And (it looks to me) you've set up your plot really well. I've just got a couple of recommendations ...

    Aug 7, 2010
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: The Age of Discovery

    Are you going to continue this? It seems like you've got a whole other story to reveal, like this paragraph is just leading up into something else that happens--a negative ...

    Aug 7, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Lain is Lain part 1

    I was kind of confused on this one. I didn't get a lot of what they were talking about. What was the daydream about at the beginning? It was a ...

    Aug 5, 2010
  • Writing Tips Re: In need of some help

    I recently read an article on how to keep your plot moving. What often happens to me is that I think up a bunch of interesting scenes, but then I ...

    Aug 4, 2010
  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: Trouble River Alternate Ending

    I'm curious to know what the original ending to this was. I like this. I feel you could expand it more, of course--maybe add on to the action, make it ...

    Aug 4, 2010
  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: Big Time Rush-One Shot

    Very sweet marriage scene. I think you could make the accident scene a little more dramatic, though. Also, in expressing Ashley's death: maybe find a different way to tell than ...

    Aug 4, 2010
  • Romantic Novels Re: She's such a Drama Queen chapter 3

    Ah, I liked this novel. I think it's a really good idea and you should definitely continue it. First off, I noticed some run-ons and a few things that need ...

    Aug 4, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Incubus

    Wow, this was awesome. One of the things sought for in poetry is imagery, and you had a lot of great imagery. You did a great job using it to ...

    Aug 3, 2010
  • Scripts Re: Atomization (Part One)

    I don't know much about scripts, but I can say, I liked this quite a bit. I could see the characters in my head like it was actually a movie. ...

    Aug 2, 2010
  • Fanfiction Novels Re: Half-bloods and Rather Interesting... Heroics

    Ha, I liked your beginning and end a lot! You had me hooked from the start and kept the action moving really well. It's like this piece is pretty much ...

    Aug 2, 2010


The bigger the issue, the smaller you write. Remember that. You don’t write about the horrors of war. No. You write about a kid’s burnt socks lying on the road. You pick the smallest manageable part of the big thing, and you work off the resonance.
— Richard Price