User avatar

TheEccentricScribe

  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Mercy of the Sword Saint: Chapter 10

    Chapter 10: Poisoned Daggers Karrow turned his perpetual scowl onto Hezron Uriah. Anyone else would have withered under that glare, but this one was made of equally fierce stuff. The ...

    Apr 13, 2007
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Mercy of the Sword Saint: Chapter 9

    Chapter 9: Failures Phasmatis was jolted awake, as he was many mornings, by the violence of his nightmares. He saw that Garius Rabba and the elves were already awake, Gwynera ...

    Mar 27, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: 'Tis a Gift to be Simple?

    In all honesty, I really liked this. It was a bit short for me to offer any serious suggestions, and while I probably missed something, I didn't notice any overt ...

    Mar 27, 2007
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Prosthesis Prologue /P

    Interesting prologue, I must say. The speaker seems to deny the teleological argument, and uses it to hint at something almost disturbing. I think the poetic language you use, the ...

    Mar 22, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Someday

    Soaring sky high, Blood-tipped wings flying away to escape it all. Before your poison arrows struck me down, Spiraling into my love for you. Turn the period into a comma, ...

    Mar 10, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Chasing Rainbows Chapter 1

    I apologize to reiterate, but reiterate I must: Your grammar is awful, man. I'll try and go blow by blow with this, but there's so much fine-tuning needed, I don't ...

    Mar 9, 2007
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: L'effet papillon

    They waited in anticipation for the dance number that was about to begin. Say the most with the fewest words. "They waited in anticipation for the next dance number." The ...

    Mar 9, 2007
  • Official Polls Re: Final Round: Choose The Mascot!

    Monkeys are quite ordinary. Dragons are extraordinary. So, if you want some ordinary animal representing you, that's fine. I'll take the extraordinary. ~_^

    Mar 8, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Tempest at Leurs (Part I)

    Firstly, I want to say that character psychology is very important to me, the only thing I consider more important than description of action and scenery. Plot is important, of ...

    Mar 7, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Mascot Election 2007!

    I vote for . . . uh, I'm sorry, but I vote for the dragon . . . I mean, come on . . . Dragons are awesome. Dragons don't ...

    Mar 5, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Philosophical Musings on Daytime TV

    This is very interesting, and I think the start of something that could be a lot more in-depth. These two characters, the sarcastic speaker and the flustered philosopher, make a ...

    Feb 25, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: In-Between

    Yeah, yeah, the two tries have gotten the basic meaning of the poem, but you've missed the point behind the meaning.

    Feb 10, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: Sort of Wine

    The muse is not a bitch. I fancy that she's treated me very well, in prosaic pursuits. She simply doesn't much care for me to pursue poetics, unfortunately. What's a ...

    Feb 9, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: In-Between

    No, not really a poetry streak. I've had this stuff floating around and I thought I'd throw it on. I'm not really crazy about my poetry; quite frankly, I have ...

    Feb 9, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: Sort of Wine

    Sort of Wine Crimson swirls in the water beneath My dripping fingers. It’s a funny thing To watch To realize that this is it This is your lifestuff Pouring out ...

    Feb 9, 2007


I’ll paraphrase Thoreau here... Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness, give me truth.
— Christopher Johnson McCandless